Sign in to follow this  
Variable

CiA Petition Letter to BIS and DnA's Response

I'm just going off of what they've said in the past. It's just that they've said all this before. That's what I'm saying. I'm saying that this letter isn't really new. So pretty much what you're saying is that this letter is now saying that this stuff will be fixed. Am I right? Because I'm not getting that from this letter. It was NOT explicitly said that any of this stuff would be fixed. Meaning everything that was said is stuff that we, yes, already had heard.

"The only thing that was iterated again and again was that certain things were not quite as they were supposed to be. As an example, the first aid system, it was said numerous times that they had a more complex system in mind but couldn't realize it because of time constraints." And that's kinda what this response is, isn't it? Have I missed something that talks about specific features that are going to be "fixed"?

Now you lost me. I don't really get the point you are trying to make.

Now you lost me. I don't really get the point you are trying to make.

I was just saying that, since the letter did not give specifics of what will be fixed, it's really not any new information. And that the point of the response is to give an explanation as to why some things aren't "perfect" for more serious players. That's all I'm saying. Nothing more. :)

@Variable: I actually think it is useful and helpful and great, not because of what's said in the response particularly (as I said, it's nothing new to me), but because DnA actually took the time to respond (and it's a pretty lengthy response).

@Variable: I actually think it is useful and helpful and great, not because of what's said in the response particularly (as I said, it's nothing new to me), but because DnA actually took the time to respond (and it's a pretty lengthy response).

Good, so now we can leave it at that. I'm glad this part of the discussion is over.

Btw: Is there something magical going on in A3 I don't know about or is it really that we don't have 2 different wound textures now anymore?

(ORG RVMAT)                                         (INJURY1)                                                                                (INJURY2)
"A3\Characters_F\Heads\Data\hl_white_bald_muscular.rvmat","A3\Characters_F\Heads\Data\hl_white_bald_muscular_injury.rvmat","A3\Characters_F\Heads\Data\hl_white_bald_muscular_injury.rvmat",

"A3\Characters_F\BLUFOR\Data\clothing1.rvmat","A3\Characters_F\BLUFOR\Data\clothing1_injury.rvmat","A3\Characters_F\BLUFOR\Data\clothing1_injury.rvmat"

In contrast to ArmA1 and ArmA2 the injury rvmats also don't contain any special injury nohq maps anymore.

Dumbed do... oh no, not the evil word. :)

Edited by Icewindo

Btw: Is there something magical going on in A3 I don't know about or is it really that we don't have 2 different wound textures now anymore?

(ORG RVMAT)                                         (INJURY1)                                                                                (INJURY2)
"A3\Characters_F\Heads\Data\hl_white_bald_muscular.rvmat","A3\Characters_F\Heads\Data\hl_white_bald_muscular_injury.rvmat","A3\Characters_F\Heads\Data\hl_white_bald_muscular_injury.rvmat",

"A3\Characters_F\BLUFOR\Data\clothing1.rvmat","A3\Characters_F\BLUFOR\Data\clothing1_injury.rvmat","A3\Characters_F\BLUFOR\Data\clothing1_injury.rvmat"

In contrast to ArmA1 and ArmA2 the injury rvmats also don't contain any special injury nohq maps anymore.

haha, I would hardly classify a missing wound texture as 'dumbed down' :cool:

They might be going with a more programmatic approach to wounding now that they have both setObjectTexture and setObjectMaterial.