Sign in to follow this  
Enrico

Where is going ArmA III?

Since when OA is a sequel and not an xpack?

Since you don't actually need to own Arma 2 in order to play it?

You can own no other BI product, buy OA, install and play, ergo: its a stand alone game in its own right.

This is just my point: everyone compares Arma 3 to Arma 2 WITH the OA expansion. Which is just not fair on A3, since it doesnt have 2 years of additional development on top of its release state (yet).

Ones like all those 10/10s

So what? All games have people giving silly 0s and 10s on any site that allows ranking. However real rankings balance it out.

Yeah, like averaging fanboys and ranters would make any sense.

OFP/Arma games have always been poorly received by the press (not that I would care).

Metacritic is an indicator of press reception, nothing more.

So let's also count DLCs then? Since they can be played without OA if you've bought Reinforcements?

This is just my point: everyone compares Arma 3 to Arma 2 WITH the OA expansion.

You are wrong. There's no need for anyone to compare ArmA 3 to ArmA2 + OA since ArmA3 is inferior even to ArmA2 vanilla. But that's not an excuse either because every following game should be a step up from what has been achieved thus far.

Even then personally I always compare A3 to A2 vanilla.

Yeah, like averaging fanboys and ranters would make any sense.

OFP/Arma games have always been poorly received by the press (not that I would care).

Metacritic is an indicator of press reception, nothing more.

Except I'm talking about the user score. But let's disregard that even ArmA2 had 7.5 and that one has a lot of ranting about its launch. OFP? 9.0. A1? 8.0. And guess what - those too have 10 and 0 scores yet the overall user score is usually pretty spot on.

Edited by metalcraze

Another one of these threads. I like how the OP acknowledged the forum is full of threads like this, but still decides to make the thread in any case. Well played & justified...

Except I'm talking about the user score. But let's disregard that even ArmA2 had 7.5 and that one has a lot of ranting about its launch. OFP? 9.0. A1? 8.0. And guess what - those too have 10 and 0 scores yet the overall user score is usually pretty spot on.

OFP -> 9.0

Arma -> 8.0

Arma 2 -> 7.5

Arma 3 -> 6.6

I wonder why you've spent so much time playing Arma 2 when OFP is such a better game.

You are wrong. There's no need for anyone to compare ArmA 3 to ArmA2 + OA since ArmA3 is inferior even to ArmA2 vanilla. But that's not an excuse either because every following game should be a step up from what has been achieved thus far.

Even then personally I always compare A3 to A2 vanilla.

not an excuse? Now i see, you trying to make yourself look, like your a VIP or something. Just imagined, whole BI studio team, makes a big post, begging matelcraze about forgiveness, for the very quick 180 degree prone turns and less content in arma 3 game. ;)

OFP -> 9.0

Arma -> 8.0

Arma 2 -> 7.5

Arma 3 -> 6.6

I wonder why you've spent so much time playing Arma 2 when OFP is such a better game.

haha Arma1 rated 8.0 while A2 rated a 7.5? Arma 2 was essentially the same exact game except a more polished version... Where as there were some pretty significant changes between those & OFP & Arma3.

The argumentation now is down to the media rating, which mostly play the game for some hours and then dump it? yeah...

MC you should make a sig with all that instead of repeating it in every thread. Everybody wins.

I agree with metalcraze, I dont have to compare ArmA III to Arrowhead. It has fewer content than even vanilla ArmA II. But the amount of content is not my main problem, its the quality. In every ArmA series including OFP there were two easily distinguishable factions, each utilizing their own set of unique weapons and vehicles. Now we have two factions that are pretty much the same, using reskins and Frankenstein-vehicles.

Ok guys, time to bag this bad boy, it had a good run.

Feel free to use already existing threads for your A3 post release concerns:

Disapointed-with-the-FULL-RELEASE-content

So Arma 3 is out now, does it set the standard for future releases in the series?

Is-the-game-dumbed-down

If you are a dev branch user, check the ARMA-3-DEVELOPMENT-BRANCH forum section to stay up to date with devbranch changes and use the threads within to give feedback to the developers.

This thread will now fake its own death and go live in the wilderness.