Sign in to follow this  
kalthramis

Making a new vehicle?

Heya. First up, thanks for your time for reading this.

So I want to make a new vehicle for Arma 3 - I already have the models and everything, but when it comes to implimenting the model, I don't have any idea what to do. I've done plenty of research, don't get me wrong - I have Oxygen 2, I've exported the model correctly, ect. But when it comes to setting up the 'AddOns,' writing a 'config file,' and so on? I'm hopelessly lost.

At the moment, all I'm looking to do is swap out the current jet model with a different one, and I'm utterly stumped. I can't find any reliable or up-to-date information on how to do this. Anyone have any pointers, or links to tutorials that aren't out of date and hopelessly terrible?

Please and thanks,

Kal

You need:

a config.cpp (just a textfile)

a model.p3d (import to oxygen, bis tools)

and pack it to a .pbo (with bis tools, binpbo.exe)

So since you got the model and tools, all you seem to need is the config.

Create a new text file, rename to config.cpp

Inside, put this code.

class CfgPatches {

class kalth_plane {

units[] = {};

weapons[] = {};

requiredVersion = 0.1;

requiredAddons[] = {""};

};

};

class DefaultEventhandlers; // External class reference

class CfgVehicles {

class I_Plane_Fighter_03_CAS_F;

class kalth_plane : I_Plane_Fighter_03_CAS_F

{

displayname="Kalthramis Jet";

model="\kalth_plane\kalth_plane.p3d";

};

};

Making a plane is not the easiest way to start I guess. Concerning the tutorials, most of what you will find that looks outdated is in fact still relevant.

The only crucial difference compared to arma2 is PhysX. To avoid dealing with this, you can alter the previous config like this ( to use the old -non physX simulation):

class CfgPatches {
class kalth_plane {
units[] = {};
weapons[] = {};
requiredVersion = 0.1;
requiredAddons[] = {""};
};
};
class DefaultEventhandlers; // External class reference

class CfgVehicles {

class I_Plane_Fighter_03_CAS_F;
class kalth_plane : I_Plane_Fighter_03_CAS_F
{
simulation ="airplane";
displayname="Kalthramis Jet";
model="\kalth_plane\kalth_plane.p3d";
};
};

There is a really nice tutorial somewhere but I can't find it again...It starts by explaining how to make a box, then how to make a car, a plane ect. Does someone has a link?

Edited by super-truite

There is a really nice tutorial somewhere but I can't find it again...It starts by explaining how to make a box, then how to make a car, a plane ect. Does someone has a link?
brssed Tutorials

Good tutorials, got anything that deals with the physx stuff too (or a little more up to date to take new features into account)?

Thanks surpher.

Concerning PhysX and some other new features (PIP for instance), you can start with the Biki page:

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Cars_Config_Guidelines

No info on TankX, AirplaneX ect. for the moment though...

It would be really nice to have a tutorial list in the sticky threads. I know it exists in the Arma2 forum or in armaholic, but it would be useful for the new comers if there was one here and would make the forum clearer (less "How do I begin" posts).

Edited by super-truite

Same question i have.

I got my model as Max and p3d. Its an LAV i wanna have in ArmA 3.

How did i say the game that the lav can swim like the marshall and how i add 4 Stinger Rockets, 5000 Rounds of Gau-12 Equalizer Ammo and Sound etc.

Does anyone have a good Tutorial or code?

Thanks a lot.

Alright, thanks guys. I'll give these comments a whack and get back to you on whether or not it worked.

Alright, I can't figure this out.

I looked at those brssed tutorials and did my best to muscle through. Couldn't get anything to work. I tried this tutorial as well as a few others and I am completely lost. I didn't realize it was such a pain to import a model into Arma.

I have no idea where to stick the config, why my @Addon file isn't working, and every tutorial seems to either mention things that are so out of date they don't exist in Arma 3, or tell me a totally different way to do it, and neither way seems to work.

Does anyone know of an up to date, clear tutorial for Arma 3 that actually explains everything to someone who is completely new to the editor? IE me?