Sign in to follow this  
R. Brown

Arma 3 Not Launching No errors

OK so here is my final try at this.

When I start through steam or through the main directory (as administrator) the application will start up, with the ARMA 3 graphic and loading bar. Then nothing, the process is running and i have tested this man times by giving it time to work still nothing. The process is stuck at around 80,000 kbs and stays there. Up until this week the game ran fine now nothing. I have tried every fix i can find on the internet and i get nothing. I have re-installed windows, same problem, I have unistalled the game i don't know how many times same problem. If anyone has a fix or knows of one out there please throw it below. Also i am running no other programs with this only arma 3.

hmm, all my answers would have been fixed with the fresh install. they would have been:

- verify integrity of game cache in steam

- reinstall windows

when u reinstalled windows was is a proper 'delete everything and start from scratch' or just a reskin install whilst keeping all your files?

this problem has happened to other people when they tick an expansion (custom mod) in the game menu instead of running addons thu the launch parameters.

then the mod in question goes missing or corrupted or whatever, but because it is ticked in the game it will always try and load it, but it crashes.

if that's not what ur doing then all I can say is something in your system is not compatible, like its loading criticle files like direct x or something and its crashing.

make sure all your stuff is up to date - video card drivers, windows, anti virus, etc

what specs have u got?

maybe think about what has changed in your comp since it stopped working, try changing between dev and stable, try windowed mode

If you can locate your RPT and post it here (using the code of course) that may provide some information.