have you used the editor function to export to MP?

If yes it seems to be flawed as it don't exports any of your scripts from your mission directory.

and for MP you should set the last parameter to true,too.

nul = [_sC_Scripts,[p1, p2, p3, p4, p5, p6, p7, p8, p9, p10, p11, p12, p13, p14, p15, p16],800,true,true] execVM "LV\LV_functions\LV_fnc_simpleCacheV2.sqf";

oh and i found that i don't removed the "addons/" in the path...

That i get for scripting in the night :)

greetings Na_Palm

I did indeed export to MP, i changed the parameter on the call line but it didn't make a difference, I removed the addons\ bit myself when i found it last night.

I don't think there is a problem with the export because i have many other scripts which all work fine in MP. It just seems to be simpleCache which is having a problem.

SITREP: Export to SP doesn't work, Export to MP doesn't work, Editor preview works ok. Possibly a dev build issue? I'm running on the dev build.

Edited by Blasturbator

Hey guys, quick question as an issue run into with a piece of the scripts and wondering if anyone has tracked down a fix/answer to it.

Using any of the scripts that spawn vehicles with simpleCache, Militarize or Ambient Combat for example, if the players can somehow hijack a vehicle from the AI the vehicle will still despawn after a while, even if the players are in the vehicle. Has anyone figured out a way to have vehicles no longer subject to cahcing/despawning if players get in them?

Okay so im testing the new version, so far:

MP export is still reporting undefined variable in expression: _units, LV_fnc_spawnCachev2.sqf line 149 (same error in editor now)

SP export is now working fine however.

Also in simpleCache version one there was a line you could remove to stop unit respawn once they had all been killed, this line isnt in simpleCacheV2 (or isnt commented at least) is it a default thing now?

Edited by Blasturbator

could you give me the exported MP mission please. Can't reproduce the error on my end.

you don't need to remove any line in the script, only set the 4th parameter (referred as: "keep count") to: false

greetings Na_Palm

got it now...

quick solution, change in LV\spawnarray.sqf:

nul = [_sC_Scripts,nil,800,true,true] execVM "LV\LV_functions\LV_fnc_simpleCacheV2.sqf";

in

[_sC_Scripts,[],800,true,true] execVM "LV\LV_functions\LV_fnc_simpleCacheV2.sqf";

nil for the player array caused the trouble, return value not needed and also removed.

in next version i will utilize BIS_fnc_param to catch these

greetings Na_Palm

The fix is working great thanks Na_Palm :) Guess my situation turned into an impromptu beta tester for v2 :P

yeah seems so, but now it should be fixed then.

And thanks for beta testing!!! :)

Is anyone else seeing an issue with the reinforcementChopper.sqf in that the chopper never lands to allow the troops to disembark? Instead it just hovers about 50ft above where it should land, but then does nothing. This was working perfectly in the past, so im wondering if its the new patch which has broken the script, or a mod i'm running.

I'll do some more testing to see if I can narrow it down but thought I'd ask if anyone else see's the same issue?

Guess who's back Na_Palm :D

So my custom init command works as it is atm, it adds an addAction to spawned units. But it doesn't work in MP :O It only adds the action for the host client. Any thoughts?

The custom init:

nul = [this] execVM 'LV\GatherIntel.sqf';

GatherIntel.sqf:

(_this select 0) addAction ["Gather Intel", "Scripts\SP\Insurgents\GatherIntel.sqf"];

I tried this but it didn't work at all, in fact it stopped working for the host too xD

(_this select 0) setVehicleInit "addAction ["Gather Intel", "Scripts\SP\Insurgents\GatherIntel.sqf"];"; 
processInitCommands; 

(There is backslashes in that file path, it just wont show on the PHP for some reason)

Edited by Blasturbator

Is anyone else seeing an issue with the reinforcementChopper.sqf in that the chopper never lands to allow the troops to disembark? Instead it just hovers about 50ft above where it should land, but then does nothing. This was working perfectly in the past, so im wondering if its the new patch which has broken the script, or a mod i'm running.

I'll do some more testing to see if I can narrow it down but thought I'd ask if anyone else see's the same issue?

Haven't worked with reinforcementChopper.sqf, so couldn't be of help here.

Guess who's back Na_Palm :D

So my custom init command works as it is atm, it adds an addAction to spawned units. But it doesn't work in MP :O It only adds the action for the host client. Any thoughts?

The custom init:

GatherIntel.sqf:

(_this select 0) addAction ["Gather Intel", "Scripts\SP\Insurgents\GatherIntel.sqf"];

I tried this but it didn't work at all, in fact it stopped working for the host too xD

(_this select 0) setVehicleInit "addAction ["Gather Intel", "Scripts\SP\Insurgents\GatherIntel.sqf"];"; 
processInitCommands; 

(There is backslashes in that file path, it just wont show on the PHP for some reason)

Thats an Locality issue, addAction has to be executed on all clients, where you want the action to be accessible.

try this change in GatherIntel.sqf:

clientAction_gatherIntel = {
if isServer exitWith {};
private["_obj"];
_obj = (_this select 0);

if !(isNil {_obj}) then {
	_obj addAction ["Gather Intel", "Scripts\SP\Insurgents\GatherIntel.sqf"];
};
};

[_this, "clientAction_gatherIntel", true, true] call BIS_fnc_MP;

But this only works if you are precompiling the script beforehand on every machine with:

GatherIntel = compileFinal preProcessFileLineNumbers "Scripts\SP\Insurgents\GatherIntel.sqf";

untested, so expect an error! :)

greetings Na_Palm

Is there any way to check if all are dead in the militarize group ?so i can then send another group ?

_grp = [spawn1,2,50,[true,false],[false,false,false],false,[30,10],[1,2],[0.3,0.5,0.7,0.9,0.7,0.8,0.8,0.8,0.9,0.8],nil,nil,nil] execVM "LV\militarize.sqf";
waitUntil {{alive _x} count (units _grp) == 0};  

////did not work :(////

Edited by 1PARA{God-Father}

After creation you can check global var "LVgroup21", in your case. It contains the group.

to make it id dependent:

_id = 21;              //your ID here
call compile format["_grpname = LVgroup%1", _id];

then use "_grpname" for further commands.

greetings Na_Palm

Ahhh so:

nul = [spawn1,2,50,[true,false],[false,false,false],false,[30,10],[1,2],[0.3,0.5,0.7,0.9,0.7,0.8,0.8,0.8,0.9,0.8],nil,nil,21] execVM "LV\militarize.sqf";
_id = 21;             
call compile format["_grpname = LVgroup%1", _id];  

waitUntil {{alive _x} count (units _grpname) == 0};  

But this only works if you are precompiling the script beforehand on every machine with:

GatherIntel = compileFinal preProcessFileLineNumbers "Scripts\SP\Insurgents\GatherIntel.sqf";

untested, so expect an error! :)

greetings Na_Palm

Is this done by adding that line to the init.sqf?

Yes, somewhere in the beginning. In the case of your MP version line 5 or 7. There i would put it in.

greetings Na_Palm

Well something went wrong but i couldn't say what, there was no script error, the AI spawned as usual, but the addAction wasn't added.

My bad it seems...

make a new file beneath your GatherIntel.sqf, called "clientAction_gatherIntel.sqf".

content:

if isServer exitWith {};
private["_obj"];
_obj = (_this select 0);

_obj addAction ["Gather Intel", GatherIntel];
};

change the custom init from:

to:

nul = [this, "clientAction_gatherIntel", true, true] call BIS_fnc_MP;

and in your init.sqf change it to:

clientAction_gatherIntel = compileFinal preProcessFileLineNumbers "Scripts\SP\Insurgents\clientAction_gatherIntel.sqf";

should even be JIP compatible.

greetings Na_Palm

found it:

the " in the custom init causing it. change them to '

nul = [this, 'clientAction_gatherIntel', true, true] call BIS_fnc_MP; 

PS: not my day, it seems... :j:

Okay the AI are back, but still no addAction :(

And don't put yourself down like that, you're a fucking wizard at this :D

either change:

the custom init once more:

nul = [[this], 'clientAction_gatherIntel', true, true] call BIS_fnc_MP;

or

clientAction_gatherIntel.sqf:

if isServer exitWith {}; 
private["_obj"]; 
_obj = _this; 

_obj addAction ["Gather Intel", GatherIntel]; 
}; 

shouldn't write, or error check, scripts in parallel.