I love this script and have been using for about year- really great work spunFIN.

My question is regarding caching- I have never used this option (no idea why tbh- crazy really!) and perhaps I have never had the need- but recently with more players and in creating "bigger" missions, performance on the server is starting to become an issue.

I know how to create the array, etc. My problem is that is doesn't seem to work. e.g. blufor trigger with this on act:

nul = ["mk1",2,150,[true,false],[false,false,false],false,[8,7],[3,0],"default",nil,"",1] execVM "LV\militarize.sqf"; 

they will spawn aprox 650m's away from the trigger. followed by the cache array within the same trigger:

nul = [[1],[player],450,false,true] execVM "LV\LV_functions\LV_fnc_simpleCache.sqf"; 

Testing within the editor, the units spawn straightaway, not when I move within 450meters? Do you put the caching array within the same trigger you are calling, for e.g. a militarize array ? Does the caching only work on a server (hence the reason it isn't working within the editor) ?

Sorry caching is all new to me and I don't know much about it.

Any help, would be greatly appreciated.

i cant make this work :S

SimplecacheV2: ( Game Logic )

nul = [[1],[playergroup],20,true,true] execVM "LV\LV_functions\LV_fnc_simpleCachev2.sqf";

Militarize: ( gamelogic )

nul = [area,2,10,[true,false],[false,false,false],false,[10,0],[3,0],"group player",nil,nil,1] execVM "LV\militarize.sqf";

in theory, when I enter the area troops appear and disappear when I go

What i do wrong ??? :S pls help !!!

i cant make this work :S

SimplecacheV2: ( Game Logic )

nul = [[1],[playergroup],20,true,true] execVM "LV\LV_functions\LV_fnc_simpleCachev2.sqf";

Militarize: ( gamelogic )

nul = [area,2,10,[true,false],[false,false,false],false,[10,0],[3,0],"group player",nil,nil,1] execVM "LV\militarize.sqf";

in theory, when I enter the area troops appear and disappear when I go

What i do wrong ??? :S pls help !!!

here is your problem:

nul = [[1],[playergroup],20,true,true] execVM "LV\LV_functions\LV_fnc_simpleCachev2.sqf"; ......where you have wrote "20" is the distance ai spawn,AND despawn when you move that distance away.Put it up to 500 for default or anything you like ;)

here is your problem:

nul = [[1],[playergroup],20,true,true] execVM "LV\LV_functions\LV_fnc_simpleCachev2.sqf"; ......where you have wrote "20" is the distance ai spawn,AND despawn when you move that distance away.Put it up to 500 for default or anything you like ;)

Thanks for the reply and help, I will try.

---------- Post added at 17:36 ---------- Previous post was at 17:17 ----------

Not working :S , i go to make a video shing what i do :S i dont understand what i do wrong

Edited by darkymdq007

i give up , im u f4k1ng idiot ...... i reallly need help

Is this multiplayer?

Also i never use it with zues it might be the issue.

Try use player instead of playergroup when calling the script.

Hey darkymdq007,

Nice song lol! :) execVM "LV\LV_functions\LV_fnc_simpleCache.sqf" if you're using it like that, as simpleCachev2 is ment to be used a bit differently; here's Na_Palms' thread for it.

Hey darkymdq007,

Nice song lol! :) execVM "LV\LV_functions\LV_fnc_simpleCache.sqf" if you're using it like that, as simpleCachev2 is ment to be used a bit differently; here's Na_Palms' thread for it.

i know, and i do that, but dont work

---------- Post added at 23:20 ---------- Previous post was at 22:25 ----------

example 1 (for use in GameLogic):
nul = [[[1, [<parameter for 1>]], [2, [<parameter for 2>]]], 500, true] execVM "LV\LV_functions\LV_fnc_simpleCachev2.sqf";

example 2 (for use in init.sqf or initServer.sqf):
LV_fnc_simpleCachev2 = compileFinal preProcessFileLineNumbers "LV\LV_functions\LV_fnc_simpleCachev2.sqf";
[[[1, [<parameter for 1>]], [2, [<parameter for 2>]]], 500, true] spawn LV_fnc_simpleCachev2;

example 3 (for use in init.sqf or initServer.sqf):
LV_fnc_simpleCachev2 = compileFinal preProcessFileLineNumbers "LV\LV_functions\LV_fnc_simpleCachev2.sqf";
_sCscript_list =[
					[1, [<parameter for 1>]],
					[2, [<parameter for 2>]]
				];
[_sCscript_list, 500, true] spawn LV_fnc_simpleCachev2;

" [[[1, [<parameter for 1>]], " what parameter ???

---------- Post added at 23:21 ---------- Previous post was at 23:20 ----------

i dont understand why he dont do a NOOOB guide for idiots like me

@spunFin very nice set of scripts thank you. Sorry if you guys already answered this. I am fooling around with the simpleCache and Militarize examples. I would like to have the zones/areas despawn when a human player and or an AI west unit is not in the area for a set time period (600 seconds/10 minutes) not just out of the trigger area. I am using your script to fortify a group of side missions that I am working on. Once you exit the trigger area for a few seconds then the whole area respawns back after a few seconds if a human player goes into the area again. I would like to have a delay. Is this possible. Thanks Avibird.

Was this already talk about. The vehicles have no drivers or gunners. is this a an error or the script was done like this.

I am working with simpleCache for fillHouse & militarize

@SpunFin even with the fix links some times vehicles will still spawn and respawn using the simpleCache.sqf with no crew inside. Not a script killer. I know people get busy with real life things and start working on new projects however you should really make a update link with all the fixes with a new working example. This is still one of the best scripts of its kind for ARMA3.

I do have a question for you. By design if you are using keep count = true/false (true = script will count & save AI amounts, false = AI amount will be reseted on each time it activates again) TRUE and all the current units are killed in the AO (marker zone) How can you get the script to respawn units back into the area after a set time period ie restart the the zone again. (right now you can't get the zone to spawn once the original units are all dead) I attempted to use a trigger to call in the zone all works fine for the initial spawn and the despawn when you leave the zone area but when you enter back into the zone the whole zone restarts even if the original units were not all dead now you have two groups of units inside that zone. ): Avibird

I am working with simpleCache for fillHouse & militarize

@SpunFin even with the fix links some times vehicles will still spawn and respawn using the simpleCache.sqf with no crew inside. Not a script killer. I know people get busy with real life things and start working on new projects however you should really make a update link with all the fixes with a new working example. This is still one of the best scripts of its kind for ARMA3.

I do have a question for you. By design if you are using keep count = true/false (true = script will count & save AI amounts, false = AI amount will be reseted on each time it activates again) TRUE and all the current units are killed in the AO (marker zone) How can you get the script to respawn units back into the area after a set time period ie restart the the zone again. (right now you can't get the zone to spawn once the original units are all dead) I attempted to use a trigger to call in the zone all works fine for the initial spawn and the despawn when you leave the zone area but when you enter back into the zone the whole zone restarts even if the original units were not all dead now you have two groups of units inside that zone. ): Avibird

I want to say i agree,

SpunFin i hope you find the time to keep these scripts updated.As far as i can see,no other script out there that can militarize in like this one in arma3.

Reinforcement chopper with cool smoke/chem effects etc are great,its ease of use with the app also makes this a quick and powerful script.

Hope to see it continue in the future ;)

I can't get the fullhouse script to work in the simplecache.SQF. the militarize works fine with the simplecache.SQF. Is there a simple fix I am not doing? There are no examples using the fullhouse with the simplecache.SQF. help.

I can't get the fullhouse script to work in the simplecache.SQF. the militarize works fine with the simplecache.SQF. Is there a simple fix I am not doing? There are no examples using the fullhouse with the simplecache.SQF. help.

Are you using tha AISSP app to make the init line?

@redarmy why! No I don't use it to setup the codelines. The simplecache.SQFv.77 works fine with the militarize.sqf but not with the fullhouse.SQF

Please still looking for a fix to allow the fullhouse.SQF to work with the simplecache.SQF this is driving me nuts. Does anyone have a working copy of this!

AVIBIRD 1,

You were actually right, there was tiny typo in current fillHouse.sqf! Sorry for this issue! :)

Here's fixed version: http://kaartomedia.com/ARMA/fillHouse.sqf

OR

If you have made changes, fix it yourself manually:

In default version line 152 is:

call compile format["LVgroup%1spawned = true;", _grpId];

And it should be:

call compile format["LVgroup%1spawned = 'true';", _grpId];

How can I make the garrison bots stay inside the buildings even when Blufor is detected? I want to HAVE TO search house to house to clear an area.

fillHouse.sqf

nulfh1 = [curmrkr,2,false,2,[5,0],100,[0.3,0.5,0.3,0.4,0.3,0.9,0.9,0.6,1,0.3],opforgrp,"opforgrp = group this;",nil,opformrkr] execVM "bpad\LV\fillHouse.sqf";

What is the proper "target" set up for the following on a dedicated server? I want them to seek and destroy the human players.

heliParadrop.sqf

nulhp1 = [opformrkr,2,true,false,1500,"random",true,100,150,8,0.5,50,false,false,false,true,player,true,0.8,opforgrp,"opforgrp = group this;",nil,false] execVM "bPad\LV\heliParadrop.sqf";

reinforcementChopper.sqf

nulre1 = [opformrkr,true,2,4,false,true,player,"random",1500,true,true,8,0.8,[false,false,false,false],opforgrp,"opforgrp = group this;",nil,false] execVM "bPad\LV\reinforcementChopper.sqf";

A buddy and I have been using these scripts for about a month. We have come across a problem with the ambient script to where the AI will spawn near our spawn point after we respawn. This occurs even if we are outside the delete distance. We have attempted to use objects for the AI to spawn on or around. We have set multiplayer to true and false. Also we use triggers to get them to spawn. Not sure if that would cause an issue or not. Thanks in advance for any help.

I will post this here too. I am learning this and its great. I am wondering if VCOMAI or any AI behavior script works with this awesome mission making tool? Please let me know what works. thanks.

Edited by JAndrews1

getting these errors. anyone help?

if(isNil("_cPos"))then{_cPos = (getPos _unit);}else{_cPos = _cPos;};

if(isNil(">

12:39:59 Error position: <_unit);}else{_cPos = _cPos;};

if(isNil(">

12:39:59 Error Undefined variable in expression: _unit

12:39:59 File C:\Users\Andrews\Documents\Arma 3\missions\CO_20_EOS_Altis_Nato.Altis\LV\patrol-vD.sqf, line 18

12:39:59 Error in expression <ldingDistanceLimit = 50;

while { alive _unit }do{

if(_cPos in allMapMarkers)the>

12:39:59 Error position: <_unit }do{

if(_cPos in allMapMarkers)the>

12:39:59 File C:\Users\Andrews\Documents\Arma 3\missions\CO_20_EOS_Altis_Nato.Altis\LV\patrol-vD.sqf, line 29

12:39:59 Error in expression <ius = _radius;};

_startingPos = getPos _unit;

_newPos = _startingPos;

_justDidB>

12:39:59 Error position: <_unit;

_newPos = _startingPos;

_justDidB>

12:39:59 File C:\Users\Andrews\Documents\Arma 3\missions\CO_20_EOS_Altis_Nato.Altis\LV\patrol-vD.sqf, line 21

12:39:59 Error in expression < one":{

_houseObjects = nearestObjects [_center0, ["building"], 500];

};

};

if(>

12:39:59 Error position: <_center0, ["building"], 500];

};

if(_center in allMapMarkers)then{

_center0 >

12:39:59 Error position: <_center in allMapMarkers)then{

_center0 >

12:39:59 Error Undefined variable in expression: _center

12:39:59 Error in expression <s select 0;

_buildings = ["nearest one",_unit] call LV_nearestBuilding;

_buildin>

12:39:59 Error position: <_unit] call LV_nearestBuilding;

_buildin>

12:39:59 File C:\Users\Andrews\Documents\Arma 3\missions\CO_20_EOS_Altis_Nato.Altis\LV\patrol-vG.sqf, line 11

12:39:59 Error in expression <isNil("_center"))then{_center = (getPos _unit);}else{_center = _center;};

_newP>

12:39:59 Error position: <_unit);}else{_center = _center;};

_newP>

12:39:59 File C:\Users\Andrews\Documents\Arma 3\missions\CO_20_EOS_Altis_Nato.Altis\LV\patrol-vE.sqf, line 17

12:39:59 Error in expression <wPos}do{

if(_randomWay == 0)then{_dir = _dir + 45;}else{_dir = _dir - 45;};

if(_>

12:39:59 Error position: <_dir + 45;}else{_dir = _dir - 45;};

if(_>

12:39:59 Error Undefined variable in expression: _dir

12:39:59 File C:\Users\Andrews\Documents\Arma 3\missions\CO_20_EOS_Altis_Nato.Altis\LV\patrol-vE.sqf, line 43

12:39:59 Error in expression < _dir + 45;}else{_dir = _dir - 45;};

if(_dir < 0) then {_dir = _dir + 359;};

_n>

12:39:59 Error position: <_dir < 0) then {_dir = _dir + 359;};

_n>

12:39:59 File C:\Users\Andrews\Documents\Arma 3\missions\CO_20_EOS_Altis_Nato.Altis\LV\patrol-vE.sqf, line 44

12:39:59 Error in expression <wPos}do{

if(_randomWay == 0)then{_dir = _dir + 45;}else{_dir = _dir - 45;};

if(_>

12:39:59 Error position: <_dir + 45;}else{_dir = _dir - 45;};

if(_>

while{_run}do{

if(typeName _center == "ARRAY")then{

_newCenter = _c>

12:39:59 Error position: <_center == "ARRAY")then{

_newCenter = _c>

12:39:59 Error Undefined variable in expression: _center

12:39:59 File C:\Users\Andrews\Documents\Arma 3\missions\CO_20_EOS_Altis_Nato.Altis\LV\patrol-vE.sqf, line 24

12:39:59 Error in expression <{_center = _center;};

_newPos = getPos _unit;

_crew = crew _unit;

_run = true;

>

12:39:59 Error position: <_unit;

_crew = crew _unit;

_run = true;

>

12:39:59 File C:\Users\Andrews\Documents\Arma 3\missions\CO_20_EOS_Altis_Nato.Altis\LV\patrol-vE.sqf, line 19

12:40:00 Ragdoll - loading of ragdoll source "Soldier" started.

12:40:00 Ragdoll - loading of ragdoll source "Soldier" finished successfully.

Does anyone know if these scripts are to be used in addition to the main scripts OR are these scripts used as part of the main scripts? thanks.

LV\patrol-vE.sqf, LV\patrol-vF.sqf, LV\patrol-vG.sqf