Sign in to follow this  
Benze

Chechnya

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (LauryThorn @ Aug. 21 2002,08:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">However, the chechens have my sympathy on this.

Calling them terrorists is stupid. Why won't you call them guerilla or

resistance fighters?<span id='postcolor'>

You could call them that, but do you see the Palestinians in the same light? Because those two conflicts are pretty similar

Thanks for the links Desantnik, It was pretty sad to see that the Russians were still using a lot of T-62's. They should have been dicomissioned years ago, and their places taken by T-80s and T-90s.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (LauryThorn @ Aug. 21 2002,09:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Russia has always tried to wipe out those who have tried to separate.

Like Finland, the baltic countries and so on.

The situation there is very much fucked up, and you don't hear much

news from there because Russians won't tell you much.

However, the chechens have my sympathy on this.

Calling them terrorists is stupid. Why won't you call them guerilla or resistance fighters?<span id='postcolor'>

Because over 80% of the Chechnyan people just voted for autonomy and not independence from Russia.

(Mods: I thought it better to revive this thread than to start a new one on the same subject, especially since it would be interesting now, with the latest news of the Chechnyan vote, to see some responses from people who thought otherwise).

Sorry Avon, but the rules are very clear cut on these issues smile.gif Mummified threads should remain dead and a new one should be started instead smile.gif