Sign in to follow this  
Tisor

Some questions regarding a Pararescue mission

Hello all.

I'm starting to create a mission about Pararescue (PJ, inspired on "Inside Combat Rescue" Documentary),

By the way, I'm having some trouble in differents points:

I want to make the mission dynamic, like "Side Missions", but not in that way. You start on the base, and you have between 5-10 minutes to rearm your self and get ready... but in this time, the scramble will come (Random time between that 5-10 min). A alarm will raise on the airbase and the "leeroooooyyyy jeeeenkiiins" voice will shout :yay:

Then, I have think in create some missions and then get them assigned arbitrary, so you never play the missions in the same order.

I have seen some sidemissions scripts already publish, but I think I would need something different for that.

My question is, for creating those sidemissions, is there anyway I can create the mision in the editor and then get the vehicles dissapear at the start of the mission (in the init.sqf for example) and get then appear when the sidemission is assigned? Or what's the best way for that?

Now, another thing is, I need to implement something like a carry option to take the injures into the chopper. They must be in the ground (playMove injured or something like that) and then I would like to carry them... maybe using two persons (simulating a scretcher) or only one (like revive carrys). What's the best way to implement that?

And the last one, not that important but... is there any animation like NavigationHeli was at Arma2 for helicopter marshalling?

For the moment, those are the things I'm having trouble with. Can I get any help?

Regards

Its your lucky day. I wrote a mission very similar to this for ArmA 2. You can probably adapt it to ArmA 3 by chaning the various animation names and finding a replacement for the stretcher. I have a working leeroy jenkins alarm, countdown timers and grid references. I will post it when I get home from work :)

You can try the hide / show object module (I think it works for vehicles) or you can simply spawn the vehicles where & when they are needed.

Option 1) BIS_FNC_SpawnVehicle

Option 2) CreateVehicle Array

Option 3) CreateVehicle

Also you can spawn infantry groups & units with BIS_FNC_SpawnGroup, CreateUnit & CreateUnit Array

Some other Useful functions & things to work in conjunction with the units you spawn:

BIS_FNC_TaskPatrol

BIS_FNC_TaskDefend

Also, here's a link to Mr.Murray's Editing Guide. It's for Arma1, but very relevant to basic scripting in Arma2 & Arma3.

Edited by David77

You can try the hide / show object module (I think it works for vehicles) or you can simply spawn the vehicles where & when they are needed.

Option 1) BIS_FNC_SpawnVehicle

Option 2) CreateVehicle Array

Option 3) CreateVehicle

Also you can spawn infantry groups & units with BIS_FNC_SpawnGroup, CreateUnit & CreateUnit Array

Some other Useful functions & things to work in conjunction with the units you spawn:

BIS_FNC_TaskPatrol

BIS_FNC_TaskDefend

Also, here's a link to Mr.Murray's Editing Guide. It's for Arma1, but very relevant to basic scripting in Arma2 & Arma3.

Thank you David. Mr.Murray's Guide is the must have for all the mission editors :P

BTW, will have to take a look at this new module and see how it works... thanks for your tips.

This is exactly what you want: http://www.mediafire.com/download/77bvbaiilo7059a/ctb_combat_rescue.hellskitchen.zip

You will need to edit the units in the mission.sqm to use default OA characters.

You will also need Sangin, ACE & ACRE if you cant be bothered porting it via text editor.

That's so nice! I will have to take a look at this carefully. I will come back and tell you how it goes with your help :)