Sign in to follow this  
Polygon

Unable to edit loadouts on briefing - any alternative? BIS?

No ability to edit loadouts on the briefing phase before the mission is one of the biggest A3 features missing. This makes scavenging in SP-based missions (for example, OFP Resistance campaign) useless. Bullshit, right?

Is there any alternatives to this (made by community?)?

Removing gear selection doesn't make any sense. BIS, if you can't handle enhanced inventory system for gear selection menu, just let us know. But DON'T remove the actual feature that was fully working in A2CO. Even partially functional it will be much more useful than nothing.

Madness.

I only remember that feature as always beeing pretty unreliable.

Either way, I think you're better off handling that ingame. Either simply with some boxes or with a gear-selection script of which there are already a few around.

I only remember that feature as always beeing pretty unreliable.

Either way, I think you're better off handling that ingame. Either simply with some boxes or with a gear-selection script of which there are already a few around.

Where was that unreliable in Arma 2? As i recall, it worked as intended. Paste some lines into the Descritption.ext and then chose your loadout from given waepons and ammo right in briefing screen. Sure it wasn't pretty but i have to agree with Polygon on this one. Better the A2 solution than none. And i don't really understand why BIS did not deliver a graphical interface to change a units loadout inside the editor right away. You can acces your inventory ingame, so why not simply put this functionality into the editor too? That would save some time i spend on searching for weapons classnames...

That feature failed quite often in multiplayer in ArmA2. Sure it's neat, but nothing VAS or other solutions can't make up for.

Because the world isn't perfect. ;)

Seriously though: I'd rather see them fix some more important issues instead of bothering with stuff that we can handle on our own.

I've had all sorts of funny things happen with that loadout during briefing. Maybe it worked fine in singleplayer, I don't know. In multiplayer however it sometimes produced rather weird results.

Aside from that though, many of the custom made gear-menus are much much better and more userfriendly than this loadout system that dates back to OFP.

That feature failed quite often in multiplayer in ArmA2. Sure it's neat, but nothing VAS or other solutions can't make up for.

I've had all sorts of funny things happen with that loadout during briefing. Maybe it worked fine in singleplayer, I don't know. In multiplayer however it sometimes produced rather weird results.

Ah, i see, devoted single player here. It did its job in SP. :)

Well, at least they could provide a better access to classnames, e.g. they could show a units classname right in the editor, next to the name or so. And i could live with a plain list of what's inside a units loadout, it doesn't have to be some fancy graphic presentation. At least not for editing.

Well, at least they could provide a better access to classnames, e.g. they could show a units classname right in the editor, next to the name
They already do, in the insert unit dialog the selected units className is displayed in the top right hand corner above where you can enter its name.

They already do, in the insert unit dialog the selected units className is displayed in the top right hand corner above where you can enter its name.

Ist that new?! I might have been blind, well at least a little bit.^^

Okay, scratch that point from the list, but you still have to search forums or cfg manually if you want to get a list of let's say, weapons or ammo. That's possible but a little annoying, should be (easily) accessible somewhere in the editor. With all these great customizing options the "old" system with tons of code becomes harder to use and it's not really accessible for newcommers. But BIS will probably do something about it in future patches. Who knows, maybe someday we will even have a campaign to play... :D

Click the Gear Button at the top. Click cfgWeapons at the bottom, tada! Weapon List.

It's not a pretty list like you might want and includes some entries that aren't "real", but it's the full list. You can even copy/paste out of it.

You mean the config viewer, right? That's what i'm using but as you say, it is not pretty. Plus i'm not an expert on weapons and i always have to try out several models to find the one that suits my (editing) needs.^^ It's working but it could be better.

Six Config Browser has been updated with release weapons and includes icons for each weapon, good for going for a specific look.

Ah, last time i checked, there were just some Alpha classnames. Great to see it now with pictures, will come in handy. Bookmarked.^^

Yes, i saw that earlier. They have to do something about it, i'm looking forward to BIS' solution.

Yes I had to make my own weapons menu, learned how to do some dialogs in the process though.

00262031A0D3FE17223761B5AA0D3FC705755572

That looks nice, would you mind sharing it with the forums?