Sign in to follow this  
Monkey_Man

Timers

In the timer trigger MIN MAX and MID

I am bewildered about these things? What are they for?

Also how do i set it to countdown, becuase i cant get them to work.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Monkey_Man @ Aug. 19 2002,16:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">In the timer trigger MIN MAX and MID

I am bewildered about these things? What are they for?

Also how do i set it to countdown, becuase i cant get them to work.<span id='postcolor'>

The timer starts whenever your trigger conditions are met... like when you enter the trigger.

The min value is the minimum random time in seconds that you will see the effect of your trigger after it has been activated.

The max value is the maximum random time in seconds that you will see the effect of the trigger after activation.

Med specifies a higher concentration of timeouts in that range of seconds. (this is what is implied)

EX: Min 0 Max 10 Med 8. On average your trigger will activate about 8 seconds after it has been activated, but sometimes even immediately or after 10 seconds.

On the topic of timers, how do I use the timers for waypoints? even if I put in say 100 for mid, max, and min, the soldier just goes to the waypoint right away. mad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (USMC Sniper @ Aug. 19 2002,17:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">On the topic of timers, how do I use the timers for waypoints? even if I put in say 100 for mid, max, and min, the soldier just goes to the waypoint right away. mad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I think the time specifies how long he should stay there IF NOT, probably how long after the waypoint has been completed that the On Activation code gets executed

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">USMC Sniper

Well is there any way to make the soldier wait before going to the waypoint? <span id='postcolor'>

Put wait (or any word) in the condition of the waypoint.

In the timed trigger under activation; wait = true

Just remember to sync trigger with waypoint and who activates trigger etc.....

smile.gif