Sign in to follow this  
David77

Hacking been nipped in the bud?

Hacking has been a major problem in the franchise over the years. Out of all of the servers I've played on so far in Arma3, no games have been ruined due to hackers. ie; spawning bombs in the air, vehicles, weapons etc etc. Because arma3 is steam exclusive, has this helped with the hacking a great deal? I'm just curious as I'm not very familiar with steam. I only got it to get Arma3.

As far as i know, the steam exclusiveness brought the point that arma 3 doesn't use a CD key anymore, and therefor the hackers get banned once and have to rebuy the game, wich is at 45€ /60$ ATM, so people don't tend to risk to get banned.

Also, BE seems to be doing a quite good job.

Battle Eye is currently doing a great job against most of the cheats out there, even private/paid-for hacks. They are actively banning as well which is good to see. Many anti-cheats allow users to hack for weeks before banning.

The only question remaining is how long will Battle Eye stay persistent and/or will the hack developers beat BE? :butbut:

The only question remaining is how long will Battle Eye stay persistent and/or will the hack developers beat BE? :butbut:

They've been beating BE since late Arma1 (when BE was introduced). I was more wondering about how steam effected the matter. Just in general, having to have a steam account, players getting banned by both BE and steam etc etc. There seems to be way less hacking.