Sign in to follow this  
tarkett9

Defence module -- how do you do it?

So I googled it , searched YouTube , can't find a detailed tutorial on how to use the F7 defence module for simple horde type combat. Anybody got a clue?

Try "Show Info" (bottom right on the modules menu) in editor it should give you a hand at the basic setup. (triggers+units+module placement and sinchronization) Apart from that never used it, but check it's description.

Have you noticed that if you click on the icons on the Visual Scheme you will find the purpose of each object further informing how to setup?

What do you mean "simple horde type combat"?

User removed their post.

Edited by KevsnoTrev
Obselete info

Try "Show Info" (bottom right on the modules menu) in editor it should give you a hand at the basic setup. (triggers+units+module placement and sinchronization) Apart from that never used it, but check it's description.

Done... BUT the description is a failure - it won't run !! I have open the "Defend Kamino" and the "Defend blabla on Altis"... i.e. you must set a enemie ai, named him "bis_curator" and synchronise him with the stuff you want to Spawn through the curator-logic !! also u must define the costs for the Troops inside a *.sqf (BI called it initCurator.sqf) and put a "#include initCurator.sqf" in your init.sqf !! You can't find this information inside the desciption...

Open the BI Missions and take a look inside !! I have build a simple Defendmission yesterday, to check up the mechanism - i can upload this Samplemission later this day, if you are interested !! ;)

Greetz, Phantom

Done... BUT the description is a failure - it won't run !! I have open the "Defend Kamino" and the "Defend blabla on Altis"... i.e. you must set a enemie ai, named him "bis_curator" and synchronise him with the stuff you want to Spawn through the curator-logic !! also u must define the costs for the Troops inside a *.sqf (BI called it initCurator.sqf) and put a "#include initCurator.sqf" in your init.sqf !! You can't find this information inside the desciption...

Open the BI Missions and take a look inside !! I have build a simple Defendmission yesterday, to check up the mechanism - i can upload this Samplemission later this day, if you are interested !! ;)

Greetz, Phantom

this info you've provided should make its way into BIWIKI. very useful.

Hi all,

So with the defence module working I was trying to figure out how to configure it. Making missions for a 30+ player community and want to make the defence missions a little less dangerous for the pilots by removing the time skip every second wave, is there a solid way to override the time skip?

I have tried:

RscDisplayModuleSkiptime_valueMax = 0;

publicvariable "RscDisplayModuleSkiptime_valueMax";

in init.sqf and it "seems" to work on localserver at least.