Sign in to follow this  
David77

BIS_fnc_addRespawnPosition

I'm using respawntemplates. Also I'm using BIS_fnc_addRespawnPosition. Is there anyway to name the newly created re-spawn position? Instead of Grid:012895 for example. The syntax in the wiki only shows 2 parameters; Target & position. Do I need to manually edit the BIS function to my liking?

If its a marker you can use the Description field in the marker and the respawn menu will use this name instead of the grid position. Does not seem to work for objects though.

Respawn markers seem bugged at the moment, unless your using respawn_west# type markers that always appear in the respawn menu list adding any other markers via BIS_fnc_addRespawnPosition dont show in the menu for me. Which kind of limits being able to create respawn positions on the fly without having to create and destroy the markers all the time.

Yeah, adding markers with the function doesn't work atm it seems. I can use objects just fine though. I was hoping for a couple of things; That I could use markers & that if I used an ellipse or rectangle, the respawn position would be randomly within the marker instead of the direct center. Kind of how the traditional base respawn works if you used said marker type(s). At any rate, it's not too big of a deal. Corresponding names would be nice though instead of the grid coordinates.

---------- Post added at 22:36 ---------- Previous post was at 22:20 ----------

Is there anyway to open the gear selection & spawn position dialog without respawning? I want to use the BI system. I could make my own dialog for respawn and weapon selection (as I'm really keen on making dialogs) or even use someone elses, but, may I dare say I actually like the BI respawntemplates.