Sign in to follow this  
UltimateBawb

Horrible Armor Immersion

Please BI armor immersion lacks in so many regards right now that it urgently needs an overhaul! Just take a look at how Steal Beasts for example modeled the commander and driver seats, as well sounds inside the tank.

Quick video SB Pro video: http://www.twitch.tv/raspu86/b/461213193

You can see the various view modes available for the commander and at 3:10 the view mode for the driver with PIP camera.

What we need for the tanks right now is:

- More view options for the TC. (Sight trough the TC optic (already available) / Sight trough the vision blocks while buttoned up / Turned out view for the TC (already available) / Turned out view while using binoculars!!!

- Better view mode for the driver. The current system is awful.

- A proper FCS for tanks. Let us actually manually lase targets! The current system is horrible and imprecise.

- Better sounds while inside the tank. Take a look at the SB video.

- Heavier tanks (better physics for tanks). Atm tanks get easily derailed from the path if they hit a fence. It's like they weigh nothing.

Edited by Raspu86

Come on, you can't compare it to Steel Beasts. Sure it would be cool to have that kind of immersion and detail, but simulating tanks is the sole purpose of that game. It's just one dimension of Arma 3's gameplay. At the very least though, it would be nice to have interior sounds like that, for impacts, loading and for the crew to say things (I guess the loader is calling out that the round is loaded?).

Come on, you can't compare it to Steel Beasts. Sure it would be cool to have that kind of immersion and detail, but simulating tanks is the sole purpose of that game. It's just one dimension of Arma 3's gameplay. At the very least though, it would be nice to have interior sounds like that, for impacts, loading and for the crew to say things (I guess the loader is calling out that the round is loaded?).

No you can't but you can use it as a standard. I'm not asking for a full 3D interior but I'm asking for more love regarding tanks. Right now they lack in so many ways that it is barely unacceptable. I update a small list what I like to see in my previous post.

Please BI armor immersion lacks in so many regards right now that it urgently needs an overhaul! Just take a look at how Steal Beasts for example modeled the commander and driver seats, as well sounds inside the tank.

Quick video SB Pro video: http://www.twitch.tv/raspu86/b/461213193

You can see the various view modes available for the commander and at 3:10 the view mode for the driver with PIP camera.

What we need for the tanks right now is:

- More view options for the TC. (Sight trough the TC optic (already available) / Sight trough the vision blocks while buttoned up / Turned out view for the TC (already available) / Turned out view while using binoculars!!!

- Better view mode for the driver. The current system is awful.

- A proper FCS for tanks. Let us actually manually lase targets! The current system is horrible and imprecise.

- Better sounds while inside the tank. Take a look at the SB video.

- Heavier tanks (better physics for tanks). Atm tanks get easily derailed from the path if they hit a fence. It's like they weigh nothing.

That's a really cool game! I need ArmA to be like that now, thanks.

I'm asking for full 3D cockpit, especially for the driver. Driver needs better visibility. Right now the driver can't see what's behind the tank either.

Bradley had 3D cockpit in Arma 2. It was freaking awesome (when compared to other tracked vehicles in Arma 2)!

A simple vehicle interior is not that difficult to complete, OFP did it in 2001. BI says they're focusing on quality over quantity? Bullshit.

Yes, yes it did... But we are at times where this is what artists want to put in the game. How people can use the presence of interiors in OFP against the lack of it in Arma 3 is beyond me...

Making games is a game of compromises. The massive amount of work that goes into a tank interior is just not feasible with the resources BIS and also doesn't weigh in against the result (more immersion).

Speaking of compromises, I think it would be very nice to create a 3D overlay for the periscopes and most importantly, make all of them accessible as the current implementation is restricting the view more than it should.

Nonetheless, the forum rules unfortunately do not allow for duplicate threads of the same topic being created. Please use the search function to find the threads to post in. Thank you! :)