Sign in to follow this  
SD_BOB

Dedicated Server - Unable To Join Hang On Splash Screen

Hey guys, this issue appeared a couple of days ago when i updated the dedi server to run on the DEV build. I figured i would just wait and do a fresh install with the release build, but the problem has persisted.

The problem, although the server appears to be working fine, i cannot join the server, it just hangs on trying to load in (this is affecting all players trying to connect). Basically, you click to join the server, it goes to join but then sits on the connecting splash screen for some reason.

The best i can tell, its something to do with the server.cfg

If i do not define the .cfg the default game .cfg it uses seems to work fine. I can join the server no problems. Now i've been through the server.cfg and i cannot see anything that would cause this.

// comments are written with "//" in front of them.
// STEAM

steamport=2600;
steamqueryport=2601;

// GLOBAL SETTINGS
hostname="^BOB^ Killzone"; // The name of the server that shall be displayed in the public server list
password=""; // Password for joining, eg connecting to the server
passwordAdmin="******"; // Password to become server admin. When you're in Arma MP and connected to the server, type '#login xyz'
reportingIP="arma3pc.master.gamespy.com"; // This is the default setting. If you change this, your server might not turn up in the public list. Leave empty for private servers
maxPlayers=12;

// WELCOME MESSAGE ("message of the day")
// It can be several lines, separated by comma
// Empty messages "" will not be displayed at all but are only for increasing the interval
motd[]={
"", "", "",
"Welcome to ^BOB^ Killzone",
"","",""
};
motdInterval=5; // Time interval (in seconds) between each message

// JOINING RULES

kickDuplicate=1; // Each ArmA version has its own ID. If kickDuplicate is set to 1, a player will be kicked when he joins a server where another player with the same ID is playing.
verifySignatures=0; // Verifies the players files by checking them with the .bisign signatures. Works properly from 1.08 on
equalModRequired=0; // If set to 1, player has to use exactly the same -mod= startup parameter as the server.

// VOTING
voteMissionPlayers=1;  // Tells the server how many people must connect so that it displays the mission selection screen.
voteThreshold=0.33; // 33% or more players need to vote for something, for example an admin or a new map, to become effective

// INGAME SETTINGS
disableVoN=0; // If set to 1, Voice over Net will not be available
vonCodecQuality=8; // Quality from 1 to 10
persistent=1; // If 1, missions still run on even after the last player disconnected.

// SCRIPTING ISSUES
onUserConnected=""; // self-explaining
onUserDisconnected="";
doubleIdDetected="";
regularCheck="";

// some ArmA specific stuff - signature verification
onUnsignedData = "kick (_this select 0)"; // unsigned data detected
onHackedData = "ban (_this select 0)"; // tampering of the signature detected
//onDifferentData=""; // data with a valid signature, but different version than the one present on server detected
//BattlEye=1; //Server to use BattlEye system

// MISSIONS CYCLE (see below)
class Missions {
class ARMA3 {
	template = MP_COOP_m02.Stratis;				// Mission to load (Mission file located in MPMissions. For now I have it set to a default ARMA3 mission.)
	difficulty = "Regular";					// Server difficulty Settings (Recruit, Regular, Veteran, Mercenary)
	Respawn = "2"; 
};
};

language="English";
adapter=-1;
3D_Performance=8021.000000;
Resolution_W=160;
Resolution_H=120;
Resolution_Bpp=32;
viewDistance=10000;
terrainGrid=10.000000;
MinBandwidth = 15000000;
MaxBandwidth = 100000000;
MaxMsgSend = 1024;
MaxSizeGuaranteed = 1024;
MaxSizeNonguaranteed = 64;
MinErrorToSend = 0.0025;
MaxCustomFileSize=0;

//-----------BIS Suggestions------------

//MinBandwidth = 320000;
//* Bandwidth the server is guaranteed to have (in bps). This value helps server to estimate bandwidth available. Increasing it to too optimistic values can increase lag and CPU load, as too many messages will be sent but discarded. Default: 131072

//MaxBandwidth = 10000000000;
//*Bandwidth the server is guaranteed to never have. This value helps the server to estimate bandwidth available.

//MaxMsgSend = 256;
//* Maximum number of messages that can be sent in one simulation cycle. Increasing this value can decrease lag on high upload bandwidth servers. Default: 128

//MaxSizeGuaranteed = 1024;
//*Maximum size of guaranteed packet in bytes (without headers). Small messages are packed to larger frames. Guaranteed messages are used for non-repetitive events like shooting. Default: 512

//MaxSizeNonguaranteed = 64;
//*Maximum size of non-guaranteed packet in bytes (without headers). Non-guaranteed messages are used for repetitive updates like soldier or vehicle position. Increasing this value may improve bandwidth requirement, but it may increase lag. Default: 256

//MinErrorToSend = 0.005;
//*Minimal error to send updates across network. Using a smaller value can make units observed by binoculars or sniper rifle to move smoother. Default: 0.01

//MaxCustomFileSize = 0;
//*Users with custom face or custom sound larger than this size are kicked when trying to connect.

Is there anyone else, experiencing similar issues?