Sign in to follow this  
StrongHarm

addSwitchableUnit while (driver vehicle)

I'm bashing my head against my monitor trying to correct this issue. I sure hope someone can help me. Here's the scenario:

- Player is helo driver

- Task spawns and attached trigger says addSwitchableUnit JTAC(existing unit, now can be switched to)

- Trigger adds Pilot to JTAC's group

- SwitchingUnit from pilot to JTAC successful

- JTAC(player) can successfully issue a command to pilot(previously player) and pilot responds verbally

- *but the pilot just hovers there doing nothing

- IF you switch back to Pilot land and exit the helo, then jump back in, then switch back to JTAC, Pilot now responds and completes orders of JTAC(player)

Anyone ever seen anything like this?

Im not sure but I suspect that somehow, the pilot "doesnt know" he is the pilot. Try moving it out of the driver position, and re-assigning it as the driver ?

Thanks Yatta. I tried unassign/reassign while Pilot is in the air, but it didn't work. I did find a manual work around until they fix the bug:

(hintC ingame): There's currently a bug affecting switching to JTAC *while in driver's seat* only. The Pilot will not take attack or move commands from the JTAC(player) when this occurs. Once and only once per entire mission (not per task) it is necessary to first land, then switch to JTAC while on the ground. Pilot should then take commands correctly through every subsequent task until the end of the mission.

Why not just add the JTAC as switchable before the player gets in the helo? Or have them switchable from the beginning?

If this is a switched-to-AI-unit-looses-leader type of issue, you should be able to solve it with:

onTeamSwitch "selectPlayer (leader _from); {_x doFollow leader _from} foreach units _from; selectPlayer _to;";

more info here

or specifically to your case:

onTeamSwitch "(Pilot) doFollow leader (JTAC's group)"; // or something alike

@Kylania.. in my CAS mission I have 6 JTACs, one for each Task or AO. It's a big pain to have a huge list of switchables. So, what I do is just addswitchableunit when the task fires off.

@gammadust: You may be on to something there! I'll try it out!