Sign in to follow this  
ybbor

Team switch bug

Also with the latest patch the "team switch" function in editor mission does not work.

Once I am klled the first time I cannot more switcH to an other playable soldier.

PLEASE BOHEMIA CORRECT THIS BUG SOON

Respawn only works in MP. In the editor, you can only switch team members when you are still alive.

I think this is just a bug. before patch 1.2 the function of team switch after you was killed first time was working fine (as in Arma 1) in editor missions and single player missions and I strongly hope this will be solved by the next patch.

In editor, if you get killed, the preview stops. You don't respawn not can you teamswitch after death. This was the case in ArmA 1 and is still valid in ArmA 2.

It's not a bug.

Sorry but You are wrong.

In Arma 1 (and in Arma 2 before patch 1.2) was possible to switch to an other "playable" soldier after You was killed first time in editor missions as well in single player missions.

Now You can't anymore. I think is a bug.

It's not only in editor, it's in all missions too. Actually I stopped playing the game until this is fixed as it is a major issue for me because this feature allowed team respan in SP missions. Most missions are hard to acomplish for me without this feature. It is very annoying in quick missions generatet by the "Wizard" funktion.

Edited by Beagle

There is another issue with teamswitch (sorry if this is a hijack of this thread).

Scenario: 2 groups with playable leaders; both groups have waypoints. Player starts as leader of group 1 (G1) to leader of group 2 (G2).

Issue: After teamswitching from G1 leader to G2 leader, G1 just stops and doesn't follow its waypoints. Then, when switching back from G2 leader to G1 leader, G2 stops following waypoints.

Bumping this. This so important to have fixed...finally got the game yesterday made a mission in the editor and found that I couldn't team switch? Arggghh Please fix in the next patch BIS.

In fact I noticed this in the demo but thought it was locked off so you couldn't play the demo forever....no idea it was a bug until now.

Is there a re-spawn script we could use until its fixed?

Edited by 11_HARLEY_11

The group moving issue can be remedied with this line in an init:

onTeamSwitch "selectPlayer (leader _from); {_x doFollow leader _from} foreach units _from; selectPlayer _to;";

I don't have any problem (I think) teamswitching, though.

can you explains more this bug fix ?

The group moving issue can be remedied with this line in an init:

onTeamSwitch "selectPlayer (leader _from); {_x doFollow leader _from} foreach units _from; selectPlayer _to;";

I don't have any problem (I think) teamswitching, though.

My issue with teamswitching was that I would switch to the leader of a group, and my old group would stop moving. I could switch back, but then the group I just left would stop moving.

That "fix" (first suggested at OFPEC) basically uses the new onTeamSwitch eventhandler to order the previous group to move to their next waypoint. It keeps the groups moving, even after the player teamswitches out.

I suggest placing it in an init.sqf in the mission. However, I believe it will work for an entire mission if it is placed in a single unit's initialization area.

I do not know if it is at all related to the original post.

1. If you die, you die, teamswitch should never allow you to 'respawn', be serious..

2. If i switch from 1 squad to another i like it that the a.i. wont go following waypoints just to get themselves killed and screw up the whole scenario, i prefer having control and coordinating 2 squads instead of relying on a.i. and waypoints, if i wanted that i wouldnt make them playable units in the first place.

Teamswitch is meant to increase the tactical/strategic aspect of the game and allow you to control more than a single squad, you can perform coordinated ambushes, engage objectives from multiple sides, etc but you wont be able to do anything if the a.i. takes off.

You guys want to exploit teamswitch as backup lives, thats not the way its meant to be :confused: .

is much more exciting fight until the last soldier and take up the mission and it is also much more fun .

option was used in ofp arma 1 and 2 before the fucking patch 102

:(

If i switch from 1 squad to another i like it that the a.i. wont go following waypoints just to get themselves killed and screw up the whole scenario, i prefer having control and coordinating 2 squads instead of relying on a.i. and waypoints, if i wanted that i wouldnt make them playable units in the first place.

I think one of the brilliant aspects of this simulation is that there are many many valid ways for people to enjoy it. :) It (uniquely) has the possibility of being all things to all people, almost.

Good luck! :)

Swapping might be less realistic but it's the only way to make a big SP mission playable, and it's really not all that unrealistic, as IRL the mission doesn't end when you die, it ends when everyone die/retreat. A mission is never laying on a single man's shoulders.

Team switching upon death is key for enjoying big SP missions, I really wish that gets fixed.

As for waypoints, they do need to make the AI keep following them after swaps. If you don't want the AI to wander off in your missions, don't give it waypoints or use high command.

I've noticed it does sort of work properly if you copy the mission to the mpmissions folder and run it as a LAN server, and make a description.ext file in the same folder with "respawn=5" in it.

I am all for getting this fixed too. I just signed up on the dev-heaven bug tracker site and put in my vote to get this fixed in the next patch. I setup a mission in the editor last night and sure enough, I wasn't able to switch to another squad member after I was killed. This feature is extremely valuable for mission designers to be able to test every aspect of a mission from every angle possible. I used team switching alot in ArmA 1.

Semper Fi

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/show/2193