Sign in to follow this  
progamer

Is it possible to control the tide functionality with scripts?

^^ nope, it's not. That is a config mod, you get to set the water level once, and there it stays. OP is interested in scripting commands to allow dynamically change water level (ie. tides), which afaik, are inexistent right now.

Is it possible to control the tide functionality with scripts?

I don't think there is. Maybe create a feedback for it? I don't know how much difference there is in tides though over there. Seeing a the towns are right next to the coast I doubt you can go really crazy with this, but at least adding a couple of meters could be nice. I'm mostly interested in seeing areas like the dried lake being flooded.

Being nearly landlocked affects conditions in the Mediterranean Sea: for instance, tides are very limited as a result of the narrow connection with the Atlantic Ocean. The Mediterranean is characterized and immediately recognised by its deep blue colour.

Source: Wikipedia

The german version of the article names 10cm as tide difference. So probably that's why there is no in-depth tide simulation available.

But but... Sandbox!.

Seriously. We need the ability to adjust tides on the fly and create nice waves you can surf one. That surf club isn't placed without a reason on the map, now is it? Also where's the fun in building sand castles with low tide, only to see them slowly getting eaten away by the waves when the tides rises. Man, for Vacation Simulator 2035 this game sure lacks some of the more important features [/theme of the day]