Sign in to follow this  
progamer

Do tides exist in game?

I tried to research wether or not tides were in game but I found mixed results. So are there tides in game?

In the short time I have played I have yet to notice any tides in the game. Would be a great addition and I do not know if they will exist in the final version.

One of the hints on the loading screen mentions changes with the salt lakes at certain times of the year. I always assumed it was in?

Tide ranges can be 1-3 feet in the mediterranean.

In the diagram that ceeeb linked to the average tide looks less than 10cm (1/3 foot) , and less than 5cm around the Greek Islands.

In the diagram that ceeeb linked to the average tide looks less than 10cm (1/3 foot) , and less than 5cm around the Greek Islands.

3 feet is the highest normal tide in the medeterainian.

3 feet is the highest normal tide in the medeterainian.

Can you believe that I've lived more than 20 years of my life in the Mediterranean coast ( at less than 200 mts from the sea ) and I haven't noticed any tide.

Though one thing that should be implemented is the water levels in the salt lake.

There is a perfectly good working tide system ingame. However, the developers set its maximum height to zero :)

I made a mod that uses the tide system to flood the island, but it could just as easily add a realistic tidal height.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?162279-A-dumb-mod-Swim-Stratis

If there is a perfectly good tide system in game then this ticket: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=14350 for scripting commands for this system would be nice.

---------- Post added at 01:17 ---------- Previous post was at 01:15 ----------

Can you believe that I've lived more than 20 years of my live in the Mediterranean coast ( at less than 200 mts from the sea ) and I haven't noticed any tide. Thought one think that should be implemented is the water levels in the salt lake.

Many factors affect tide and location is huge. Here in Canada we have the world's largest tides which are caused by a tide comming into the bay and before it can go back out again another tide comes in over top and pushes both tides back up. But in the end, scripting commands for tides would be nice as functionality appears to be already in game.

Many factors affect tide and location is huge. Here in Canada we have the world's largest tides which are caused by a tide comming into the bay and before it can go back out again another tide comes in over top and pushes both tides back up. But in the end, scripting commands for tides would be nice as functionality appears to be already in game.

Aha, yeah, I was just curious, I thought that tides were mainly a oceanic thing. BTW what I know is that in one of Menorca's docks ( which is a Mediterranean island ) has some kind of "tide" that in some days it empties completly the dock's water and damages ships.

Aha, yeah, I was just curious, I thought that tides were mainly a oceanic thing. BTW what I know is that in one of Menorca's docks ( which is a Mediterranean island ) has some kind of "tide" that in some days it empties completly the dock's water and damages ships.

Yea, tide is affected my many other things other than the moon.

In real life, are called Rissagas ( besides the Mediterranean islands it also happens in Canada in the Great Lakes and in Japan)

I don't know if this could be implemented in the game. Anyway, it would be the least priority thing.

Edited by MistyRonin

In real life, are called Rissagas ( besides the Mediterranean islands it also happens in Canada in the Great Lakes and in Japan)

I don't know if this could be implemented in the game. Anyway, it would be the least priority thing.

A start would be getting in game tides to have scripting commands: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=14350