Sign in to follow this  
NickThissen

Enemy vehicle spotted at absurd distance

Hi,

I am trying to build my first mission (on Altis) and I seem to be having a problem with my squad mates spotting enemy vehicles from an absurd (impossible) distance away.

In this particular case I am starting my mission (as a test) on the nort-east of the town of Abdera, and no more than 2 seconds into the mission my squad mate (who by the way should spawn MILES away, may be related, see later) yells out "unknown contact". He has somehow spotted a vehicle (Ifrit HMG) that is almost a mile away or something, right through the entire town not to mention hills and valleys. It's absolutely impossible for him to see the vehicle but somehow he spots it right away as soon as we spawn.

Is there anything I can do about this?

Now as I mentioned my squad mate should actually spawn a long distance away. I have him in the 'real' starting position and simply moved my player to the town so I could test some triggers, but he still spawns beside me, presumably because we are 'grouped' (same squad)? Could this be related? Perhaps he is actually spawning at his normal location and then 'teleporting' or 'flying' to my location very quickly, which does bring him very close to the vehicle he is spotting...

Here's a screenshot:

http://nickthissen.nl/Images/arma.jpg (2393 kB)

Interesting.

Could you please, check if he reports enemy vehicle in the same way when you all spawn in 'Real start position'?

In any case this looks like a bug and I invite you to use feedback tracker to report it, preferably with repro mission.