Sign in to follow this  
Paratrooper

Military sorts:your units.

I know we often hear about where people serve but I'd like to know about your units. They must have web sites. Give some links so we can read about it. Denoir you seem to have done alot got any links to websites? That goes for all of you veterans. Give us a read!

This is me:UOTC I am just starting.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Paratrooper @ Aug. 17 2002,02:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I know we often hear about where people serve but I'd like to know about your units. They must have web sites. Give some links so we can read about it. Denoir you seem to have done alot got any links to websites? That goes for all of you veterans. Give us a read!

This is me:UOTC I am just starting.<span id='postcolor'>

Urgh, I feel sorry for you if you have to serve with Mary-Anne confused.gif Ruth looks fit though wink.gif

*cough*

The army I am trying to avoid:

http://www.army.gr/

Why trying to avoid? Because I have better things to do than wasting 20 months of my life, preparing for war with Turkey confused.gif I'll join once the shooting starts, but for the time being I'm quite content with going to uni and earning some cash.

Thanks, From what I have seen of the Greek army on Holiday it looks pretty relaxed. There are worse places to serve I bet!

Kustjägarna (costal rangers) and A-dyk (attack divers) was at Amf 1

MUST (military intelligence) only has a brief description here

And of course we have KFOR at the NATO site.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Paratrooper @ Aug. 17 2002,02:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Thanks, From what I have seen of the Greek army on Holiday it looks pretty relaxed. There are worse places to serve I bet!<span id='postcolor'>

Relaxed or not, conscription still lasts 20 months confused.gif That is a lot of time if you think about it, with ridiculous pay...

I could make more money in 2 months working part time than when I would be in the army confused.gif

That is the reason I don't wanna go in, nothing to do with work or PT or anything. I would probably like it too...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Aug. 17 2002,02:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Kustjägarna (costal rangers) and A-dyk (attack divers) was at Amf 1

And of course we have KFOR at the NATO site.<span id='postcolor'>

Are they like marines then? It is part of the Army right?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ Aug. 17 2002,02:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Paratrooper @ Aug. 17 2002,02:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Thanks, From what I have seen of the Greek army on Holiday it looks pretty relaxed. There are worse places to serve I bet!<span id='postcolor'>

Relaxed or not, conscription still lasts 20 months confused.gif That is a lot of time if you think about it, with ridiculous pay...

I could make more money in 2 months working part time than when I would be in the army confused.gif

That is the reason I don't wanna go in, nothing to do with work or PT or anything. I would probably like it too...<span id='postcolor'>

Thats a shame, blasting around Greece in armored vehicles would be good! biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Paratrooper @ Aug. 17 2002,02:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Aug. 17 2002,02:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Kustjägarna (costal rangers) and A-dyk (attack divers) was at Amf 1

Are they like marines then? It is part of the Army right?<span id='postcolor'>

No! Not part of the army. Part of the amphibious corps.

Army? Hmpf. What an insult! wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Aug. 17 2002,02:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Paratrooper @ Aug. 17 2002,02:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Aug. 17 2002,02:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Kustjägarna (costal rangers) and A-dyk (attack divers) was at Amf 1

Are they like marines then? It is part of the Army right?<span id='postcolor'>

No! Not part of the army. Part of the amphibious corps.

Army? Hmpf. What an insult! wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Lol! Sorry, Is the Amphibious corps a seperate service then?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Paratrooper @ Aug. 17 2002,02:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Lol! Sorry, Is the Amphibious corps a seperate service then?<span id='postcolor'>

Yepp. The main branches are Armén (army), Flygvapnet (airforce), Flottan (navy) and Marinen (marines, but not really - it is all forms of costal and amphibious units).

Kustjägarna are not the equivalent of the Marines. Amfibiesoldat = Marine in the Swedish military.

Here is a link with information that I found with google. Note that it is full of errors however. Kustjägarna and A-dyk is *not* navy. A-dyk is *not* like SEALs (no airplane jumps or prolonged land operations, only underwater and amphibious).

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Aug. 17 2002,03:02)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Paratrooper @ Aug. 17 2002,02:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Lol! Sorry, Is the Amphibious corps a seperate service then?<span id='postcolor'>

Yepp. The main branches are Armén (army), Flygvapnet (airforce), Flottan (navy) and Marinen (marines, but not really - it is all forms of costal and amphibious units).

Kustjägarna are not the equivalent of the Marines. Amfibiesoldat = Marine in the Swedish military.

Here is a link with information that I found with google. Note that it is full of errors however. Kustjägarna and A-dyk is *not* navy. A-dyk is *not* like SEALs (no airplane jumps or prolonged land operations, only underwater and amphibious).<span id='postcolor'>

So you are in an 'elite' force? What would you expect to do in wartime? Anti-ship work and quick deployment to the islands?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Paratrooper @ Aug. 17 2002,03:05)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">So you are in an 'elite' force? What would you expect to do in wartime? Anti-ship work and quick deployment to the islands?<span id='postcolor'>

No I am in military intelligence now, but my (don't know the English word for it) krigsplacering - "war-placement" is with Amf. Most likely I would either be in charge of a KJ company (not likely) or be in charge of the batallion intelligence (most likely) or work like a liaison officer between AmfBat and HQ.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Aug. 17 2002,03:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif5--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Paratrooper @ Aug. 17 2002,03wow.gif5)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">So you are in an 'elite' force? What would you expect to do in wartime? Anti-ship work and quick deployment to the islands?<span id='postcolor'>

No I am in military intelligence now, but my (don't know the English word for it) krigsplacering - "war-placement" is with Amf. Most likely I would either be in charge of a KJ company (not likely) or be in charge of the batallion intelligence (most likely) or work like a liaison officer between AmfBat and HQ.<span id='postcolor'>

Right. I wanted to know this sort of thing. It is good to know exactly what you guys actualy do. Denoir is quite the action man!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Paratrooper @ Aug. 17 2002,03:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Right. I wanted to know this sort of thing. It is good to know exactly what you guys actualy do. Denoir is quite the action man!<span id='postcolor'>

Nah. It is not like Sweden is going to war anytime soon smile.gif

I am happy in the reserves now which means that I have to attend some exercises at most a couple of times a year.

I got however recently an offer to go to Afganistan sometime next year, but I don't think I'll take it. smile.gif

Come on! I know lots of you are in the forces, or say you are wink.gif ! Lets see what you do and where you do it!

As some of you may know, I'm in the Navy. But right now I'm stationed with Air Test & Evaluation Squadron Nine (VX-9) in the middle of the Mojave desert. Go figure, a sailor in the middle of the desert, that definately wasn't in the enlistment brochure.

Anyways, my squadron is a test and evaluation squadron. We are the final stopping point for weapons and equipment before it hits the fleet. We make sure it works right, is somewhat sailor proof, and dosen't take a PHD to work on or use. We're different then normal Navy squadrons in that we fly six different platforms. We fly the FA-A-D Hornet, FA-E/F Super Hornet, F-14 Tomcat, AH-1W Cobra, AV-8B Harrier, and EA-6B Prowler. We also have Marines and Airforce pilots flying with us as well as a British pilot.

Some of you may frequent simhq, or frugals world. If so you know my Boss (one of them) Commander Anderson (Chunx).

In January I'll be leaving for some schools, then in May I'll be transfering to Flag duty for Commander Seventh Fleet in Yokosuka Japan. We deploy on the USS Blue Ridge (LCC-19). Needless to say I can't wait to go overseas.

The unclass website for the squadron is Air Test & Evaluation Squadron Nine (VX-9) I don't take any responsibility for that website though. One of my collateral duties is to work on the classified website which is pretty s**t hot. This unclass one is NOT my work.

VX-9.jpg**note that is for our det in Pt Mugo. The actual squadron patch dosen't say "det pt mugo" on the top

Thats the stuff, very interesting. I am always amazed at how much stuff the American forces have, mostly that their marines are a whole seperate service! Why can't the navy support them in ships and planes?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Paratrooper @ Aug. 19 2002,04:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Thats the stuff, very interesting. I am always amazed at how much stuff the American forces have, mostly that their marines are a whole seperate service! Why can't the navy support them in ships and planes?<span id='postcolor'>

The Navy supports us in a variety of ways, such as providing transportation and corpsmen. However, having our own air, armor, etc. gives us SPEED and FLEXIBILITY. As a result we can carry out a wide variety of missions in minimal time.

For any insomniacs out there, here are a few links about the unit (FAST Company*) I used to run around with:

USMC Security Force Bn

FAST Company

More FAST

*FAST: Fleet Anti-terrorism Security Team, AKA:

-- Field day And Some Training

-- Field day Antibacterial Scrub Team

-- Fake A$$ SEAL Team

Semper Field day-us

This is a little information about the Australian Cadet Corp tounge.gif I was in it for a while, even got above Recruit Platoon!(I was in NZ at the time when my squad was taking the test, so i come back and then suddenly Im in the middles smile.gif ) I was in 35RCU. I had an F**k head for a squad leader, and my officers, a Major and three Lieutenants did nothing but sit around in their officer and smoke bloody ciggerettes in their office! And having a military unit run by 15 year old idiots does NOT work so i said screw this, and I left. They constantly broke the Cadet rules and all that stuff. It is part of the Military, so i have been in the military! And Im not even a Australian citizen! To pay them back, I kept my spare uniform that they dont know I have tounge.gif Pretty cool camoflauge, and I even have the badge! One bivuac with them was enough, more like a bloody kiddy camp with uniforms! All the crap you could expect from school kids*sigh* But I still plan to join the army when I am a big boy smile.gif This link should get you somewhere......

Australian Army Cadets

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Col. Kurtz @ Aug. 19 2002,05:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">This is a little information about the Australian Cadet Corp tounge.gif I was in it for a while, even got above Recruit Platoon!(I was in NZ at the time when my squad was taking the test, so i come back and then suddenly Im in the middles smile.gif ) I was in 35RCU. I had an F**k head for a squad leader, and my officers, a Major and three Lieutenants did nothing but sit around in their officer and smoke bloody ciggerettes in their office! And having a military unit run by 15 year old idiots does NOT work so i said screw this, and I left. They constantly broke the Cadet rules and all that stuff. It is part of the Military, so i have been in the military! And Im not even a Australian citizen! To pay them back, I kept my spare uniform that they dont know I have tounge.gif Pretty cool camoflauge, and I even have the badge! One bivuac with them was enough, more like a bloody kiddy camp with uniforms! All the crap you could expect from school kids*sigh* But I still plan to join the army when I am a big boy smile.gif This link should get you somewhere......

Australian Army Cadets<span id='postcolor'>

By the time you are in the NZ Army you will have the Light pea shooter squadron and the Royal sand kicking brigade to choose from! j/k of course wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Col. Kurtz @ Aug. 19 2002,06:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Dont worry, you not far off the truth............<span id='postcolor'>

Don't worry, they will sort it out...