Sign in to follow this  
phlux1

The ARMA 3 Community Analysis, The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

Gentlemen you can't fight in here, this is the ArmA 3 forum.

B....B...But it's part of internet! We are suppose to fight on the internet!

Real world is too frightening...

wow! i'm a chernarus fanboy myself. but just for a reality check you should start up arma 2 again and see how it actually looks and then compare it to altis right after. altis is amazing. yes i miss those forests too but in return we get amazing urban environments awesome plains and so much more. yes yes. i agree arma 3 could've been better. but shitting on altis?! how dare you sir?! how dare you? :p

seriously though. again i agree. lots of potential wasted here. but people who honestly think arma 2 is better are delusional. and what's with all the ACE stuff. yes a great mod and all respect to them. but i honestly never used it and know many who didn't either. while it's insanely well executed it's certainly not everyone's cup of tea. and there's a lot of hype to it, which again doesn't degrade it's high quality.

yes mods improved the game but there is certainly not ACE needed to make arma 2 or 3 enjoyable at all. i had the best gameplay in insurgency where there were no mods used whatsoever. same goes for AAS or any other well crafted game mode. ACE is mainly used by realism groups who like to have lengthy briefings and stuff. that's absolutely valid but arma 2 didn't need ACE at all to be enjoyable.

I agree with you on the aspects of Altis and the urban type environments. They really did a good job with it. Also if you drive along the main highway from the northeast all the way down to Kavala, it's extremely scenic and beautiful. There were parts where I literally felt like I was driving in the country near here and up in the north US during the summer when I got to the more mountainous area's. The only reason I agree in some way about Altis being kind of a wasteland is that outside of those towns, it really does feel kind of empty. I'm sure that's how the actual island does feel however. I feel in some ways they could have tried to spruce up the rural area's with some forests or shrubbery in some ways.

I also kind of agree with you about ACE, it's a great mod and it serves it's purpose, but it's not the end all be all of ArmA. I've always found that it's a trade off, There's a lot of good stuff in it and there's a lot of bloat that while some might want, like the hardcore tactical clans and such, others don't. It's easier though to become a big conglomerate and work on one all inclusive mod than it is to split off and try to make 100 different mods and then try to have all of those mods work together with one another without any issue's.

I really miss the large forests. OFP was the first game that introduced big, immersive forests, for me they were always a trademark of the series.

And now they have been largely replaced by deserts and plains? I really dont like that.

I must be playing a different game here.....I'm having a blast!

Really what do people want? Complaints about assets, multiplayer, textures, woodgrain on a rifle stock....what's the nearest alternative to this game? There aint any, period.

Just play, have fun and have faith that all will eventually be made right by BIS!