Sign in to follow this  
cfitz22

Player Gun Sounds Missing

So here's a puzzling issue I have. Guns don't make noises. I can hear everyone else shooting fine. Their guns are loud and clear. My gun sounds like it's being silenced by the gods. If I had a suppressor on it, the muzzle flash is near gone, so I can't even tell if I'm shooting or not. Even then, I have no idea if I'm shooting semi-auto or fully auto without checking the top right, and by then I'm dead. Anyone mind helping? This is what I've done so far:

-Flipped out and cried in a corner for an hour considering that my favorite game is broken. (Fav game part is true, but I didn't actually do that)

-Verifying Game Cache

-Reinstalling ArmA III

-Opting out of the developer beta and then trying ArmA III (I later returned when that failed)

This is true for anything. Multi or single player, even turrets on cars fail to work. I can only hear other people shooting. It's not making the game unplayable, just really annoying.

No, this was present before development. I ignored it and when I joined in I assumed that this might fix it, but it didn't.

Go in control panel, then sound, and then in properties of your device go in the advanced tab I guess (I'm sorry I really don't remember every move, and I'm writing from the phone).

Than you will a menu telling you the quality of your audio, like Studio, DVD etc, try every option, I would try the 48k dvd first if I remember well the option, anyway try everything and remember that the game must be not running when you make a change, so change and test, quit the game and repeat.

I really don't know if this will work, but I see that you tried everything and this is the first thing that came to my mind.

Sorry for my English, I hope that everything is clear.

Inviato dal mio GT-I9300 con Tapatalk 4

Thank you for the input and the advice. Unfortunately this did not work. I digress, thank you for being the first person to give some suggestions.

Thank you for the input and the advice. Unfortunately this did not work. I digress, thank you for being the first person to give some suggestions.

First step would be to verify the file integrity on steam, right-click on the game title in steam to do this and let us know how that goes. Maybe a little more information about your system would be helpful too.

EDIT: Sorry I saw that you've already done that, what is your set up? Also, are you running any mods?

If you installed a mod to gamedir/addons, then when you deleted the game it would not have deleted any additional PBOs. If you reinstall, make sure you "delete local content" then navigate to the game directory and manually delete anything remaining.

Edited by Phlux1

I had a simliar problem. I found the cause was my Afterglow Wireless Bluetooth headset. I had to do some little tricks to get around that by switching to an external jack and not use the USB plug for the source.

Are you using headphones? Try with and without them.

Update your driver. If you have a sound card not integrated in the mainboad, try using it or try to use the integrated one, or if you have another sound card try to switch it with the one you are using.

All these things will not solve the problem, but at least you will have more info about it.

I am not using headphones. After some consultation with the ArmA gods, the gun sounds fixed themselves! No idea why, but it's gone... Thanks for the support, I guess it was a temporary problem that fixed in an update.

I am not using headphones. After some consultation with the ArmA gods, the gun sounds fixed themselves! No idea why, but it's gone... Thanks for the support, I guess it was a temporary problem that fixed in an update.

Cheers!

Problem solved, magical beings fixed it. (I have no idea how but it is no longer a problem)