Sign in to follow this  
Rob

Ultimate editing manual part deux

Hey Guys. I would like to mention a couple of things that may take some time for you to read through but its all good smile.gif

Today was the first time i have visited this forum for about 4 months now because ofp was starting to get a little bit boring. Personally i have almost forgotten everything there is to know sad.gif.

I recieved a message from someone yesturday saying that they couldn't reply to my ultimate editing thread. At first i didn't have a clue what he was on about because as far as i know that thread is about half a yr old.. So i search for it and there it was 3rd page. If he read carefully he would of realised that someone closed it  biggrin.gif

But anyway. About 2 months ago before i moved to California  wink.gif i sent Dusand, one of the news posters at ofp.info, a LONG e-mail that i wanted him to post about my editing manual and how i wanted to make an improved version. Well after spending about 30mins writing the damn thing he said he never recieved it. So i was concentrating on moving in and getting new hardware. Speaking of hardware i bought an AMD Athlon 1.7 and they gave me a stupid 1250, so sometime im going to have to send it back. I know this is boring, bare with me.

Anyway. What i was thinking was to making a second version of my ultimate manual without all the sick bg colors and for the html to be professional, new scripts, different language interpretors, missions, resistance command references etc and really try to catch peoples eyes like we did with the last. Anyway Im interested to know if there are any souls out there that wish to help out in making part 2 of the manual. But these people have to have a great deal of ofp editing knowledge to be recruited.

What im really looking for is someone with some web space so that we can make a site on it, good flash makers, html and java wizards that know how to use programs such as macromedia etc, Advanced script coders, Mission makers, and a lot of people to help.

I really wanna make this second one go far and stand out Far greater than the last. smile.gif If i start recieving replies and e-mails from many affar then i may consider it, but not if only a couple want to, if you get what im saying.  wink.gif

Well i totally leave it up to you guys to pass on the word. I wanna learn while help putting this together. If this goes as planned and we put our hearts to it then its going to be a star attraction for a long time like the last one was.

O btw for the new people my real nick is SOT-wolf not Rob

Please reply if you want to help instead of ignoring the thread.. I know that a lot of newbies and some experienced people really used the first one but i want to make this one better for everyone. There are still people buying ofp out there so they're gunna want some help sometime. wink.gif

i just got told that the new OFPEC is probably going to have everything you need so ignore this if you wish

thx but i dont think anyone is interested in making it anyway. Believe me the first time i came up with the idea i have about 20 replies within the first 5 mins but now no one gives a rats ass

if i can get around 10 people that i need within the next week then i will consider it but i leave on sunday and wont come back till wednesday.. If anyone would like to participate then please send me a PM or e-mail me at sot_wolf@yahoo.com, or @hotmail.com

I can see that a lot of people have read this but no one has replied but my friend Balschoiw here. Please guys for our newbies sake. you can dl the old version from here but as you can see it has no decent arrangement, no constant menu, the colors are discusting to say the least and its far out of date. I wanna be able to impress people. smile.gif

First time l've seen your manual (old version)....and it's very good, would be valuable for people trying to get a grasp on mission editing,. Certainly a good starting point. (well actually better than a starting point.) Hope you get enough interest for another.

smile.gif

ps....ya your right..colors are bad. tounge.gif

tell me about it lol... i thought that it would be a lot more important to you guys if i showed you the old version. At that stage in time i was a very basic user in html and personally anything would suit me lol thats why the colors didn't effect me. But now i see the problems.

I also sent Bojler an e-mail but until ofp.info is back up then no one outside these forums can see what i want to do.

Great Idea! Unfortunately I'm no good at macromedia and that kinda stuff. I only know a little HTML. tounge.gif

Hope this goes ahead! Common, we need more replies...

I think I'll check out the old one...

Doh! Stupid me... I have it already! tounge.gif

I've used this a number of times now.

HAHA wink.gif

Now you know why i want to make a better one.... This one is far out of date and we need to add a lot of resistance flavour to the thing.

ok, im off now and wont be back till wednesday so when i come back i hope to see some responses. If you guys wouldn't mind bumping this once ni a while

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Rob If you guys wouldn't mind bumping this once ni a while <span id='postcolor'>