Sign in to follow this  
Zergra

Will performance drop on Atis,

As Altis is soon released.(The 26th) can we expect a massive drop in performance. I got a average of 30 FPS on Stratis WIth wiewdistance 2000. I mght be buying a new comp if my current one can't handle altis

As Altis is soon released.(The 26th) can we expect a massive drop in performance. I got a average of 30 FPS on Stratis WIth wiewdistance 2000. I mght be buying a new comp if my current one can't handle altis

Probably wont feel it much at 2000 view distance.

Performance in Arma depends heavily on the number of objects on the screen and the number of AI's simulated by your PC. Both numbers will probably increase on average, as the towns on Altis are bigger (more buildings and stuff), and the map might just need more AI's simulated to actually make it populated propperly to simulate an immersive war scenario.

So if you place yourself on an empty map in the middle of nowhere on Altis you will probably not experience any worse performance than in the middle of nowhere on Stratis. If you place yourself in say Agia marina and compare that performance to placing yourself in one of the significantly bigger towns on Altis, then yes, the performance will be worse.

Edited by Kavoriken