Sign in to follow this  
amos m

The geometry performance setting

I have been trying to set this to the far right to see how it alters game performance but every time I do it resets back to a default of around 3500. It does this if I run the game or not before opening the setup util again.

This is a problem for me as the Geometry Performance seems to be responsible for displaying the high quality trees (the round ones), and they are a big reason why I wanted to buy Resistance. I have to mess around alot to get them to display properly, and at my current setting I tried a mission on Kolgujev and noticed that most of these trees are displaying properly, but not all of them. Is this meant to be the case on Kolgujev?

My system specs are as follows:

Athlon XP 1700+ (1.5g)

256 DDR RAM

GeForce 4 Ti 4200, 128 Mb

This is more a troubleshooting question.

Moving to TS.

Yeah. Sorry Placebo. I thought that the geometry setting was introduced in Resistance. I hadn't noticed it before.

Anyway, does anyone else get this problem?

WHY WHY WHY!!!

Doesn't anyone know what is causing me this problem, or how to get around it?

after you set the geometry did you push Start that worked for me also what does the geometry setting do is it supose to make the land scape more smooth ?

I don't think it does much (if anything). If you want high quality LODs visible from longer ranges, you need to change the LODs in the preferences utility. You may also have to reduce desired framerate to minimum.

Yes. I've hit both start and exit many, many times.

It doesn't exactly make the landscape smoother. That's what I thought at first too but realised it's not a 'geography' setting. I think it's meant to set how much cpu is being used for all the transformation etc. calculations or something like that.

And reducing the framerate makes ofp always show the crap models for trees etc. (I know they don't have 4 or 5 different models for every tree etc., but you know what I mean)

That's another thing. I don't think that my setting the LOD's does much either. I remember being able to have the shadows set so that all the shadows blend, but now I can get it so most of them blend but the trees' shadows have like a lighter colour outline on them and it kinda looks weird when you walk through them. The shadows and objects all look the same no matter what I set the LOD's at. It's not a big deal, but I like perfection. 8)

The setting that the geometry slider keeps setting to is 3355. If I change it, when I exit or start and come back it's back to 3355 again, and all my other adjustments I made before are changed again.

Anyone able to help with this??? Is there maybe like a cfg file or something where all this info is stored that I can edit manually?

Ok. It seems to have fixed itself somehow now.

All I did was after changing the settings (sliding the geometry slider to the far right) I opened the flashpoint.cfg file to see what values it had stored in there. It seemed to be around what I had set it at. I then ran the game and while in game I alt+tabbed and checked again. The values were the same. Then I shut the game down, checked, they were the same. Then ran the preferences application and the slider hadn't reset itself this time.

I was then also able to set the LOD's and all the texutre sizes and they stayed at the right values also.

Sexcellent.

I would just like to thank me for all my help....8)

Just hope this helps anyone else in the same situation. I don't understand how what I did could've fixed that problem though as I didn't actually DO anything.