Sign in to follow this  
lord_hero

out of memory

Hello, I have a problem with my PC on Arma 3 which is quite strange. I have a good or very good PC (I7 4770k, gtx 770 and 8gb ram) however when I play Arma, after some time, the PC freezes and I get a message that says I don't have sufficient memory, that I have to save my files and close the application. But I did only open Fraps, Arma and Skype. Does anyone else have the same problem? And do you know the origin of it?

Try adding -maxmem=2047 as a startup parameter.

And report the crash on the bug tracker, preferably with your rpt and crashdump files.

but it only happened with arma 3. I play also to battlefield 3 and I don't have problems...

I don't have BF3 but it probably doesn't use as much RAM as Arma does... as suggested add the -maxmem param to your launch options and/or ensure your page file is working and at least 2GB in size

More likely a Windows thing than an ARMA bug.

^^this, sounds you have something else going on...I had the same issue once it turns out that my push to talk button was also the same button for taking screen shot in game....my game crashed stating i had run out of HD space....i had 12GB of random screen shots covering 30 days...lol

ok I found the problem: the swap file was disabled because I had a SSD. So I created a new swap file on the HDD and now it works :) Thank's at all for your answers :)

ok I found the problem: the swap file was disabled because I had a SSD. So I created a new swap file on the HDD and now it works :) Thank's at all for your answers :)

to be honest i don't think the page file is the issue...if you are running out of RAM then it sounds like you have a program that has a memory leak and is consuming all you RAM...OR MALWARE/VIRUS....my page file is off and i never get such a message.

I would run resource monitor in the background and watch what is using the most RAM.

Sounds more like a mission issue with a messed up trigger or something that keeps repeating. Un less it always happen with every mission and in the editor.