Sign in to follow this  
strannix

Helicopter/ Diver Sea Dropping

Hi

To the Attention of the Devs....

For the most part I am pretty noob at map editing, however I'm learning new things as each day goes on. I have problem with dropping divers in the sea via helicopter because you need to pretty much be touching the sea or hovering 1mm above it for them to get out. The rising tides end up damaging the chopper so I was wondering if you guys could increase the distance needed between ground and air to jump out for AI's. I understand that for real players this wont be a problem.

Regards

Strannix

Being new, learn to search, especially when it's a common or simple request.

Also this is in the wrong section. Go to the "mission editing" section.

This has been mentioned a few times. But to answer, do not tell them to disembark. That means "when convenient get out". They search for land then get out. You need them to eject. You couldn't do this before because helicopters had no eject. But they put parachutes in them and now allow cargo to eject. Not crew.

And your next question; how? If they are in your group, select them, push 6 I think, and eject them. If it doesn't come up, then do it individually. But if all are in the right place (cargo) then they should have the same actions. If they are not in your group, search the mission editing thread and see how to eject with a trigger or something

Also if you place a Helipad(invisible) where you want the divers dropped and set its height to 3 or more meters that seems to work allright too.