Sign in to follow this  
Holden93

Jets

Hey guys, I haven't understood a thing...

Are we getting only one jet, or one jet per faction? Because if it's the first option I remember some screenshots of some F35...

1 jet, independent gets a small CAS jet and other factions get jack squat.

Tell me that they're going to add more for free... I've been happy with the game, but after that I'm feeling pretty sad because removing the jets that were in the game already is a big change...

I'm concerned about the CockPit of that one Jet. Very far in the back, is that close to the real thing (i don't know)? And the 20mm Cannon, hope they'll have it fixed in Full Release, it's splash Damage is laughable as of now.

The only jet in arma 3 (set in 2035?) is a czech trainer jet from the 1970's, this is laughable. Wtf are they thinking?

It's also laughable when people freak out, or treat the game developers like crap.

They aren't a money grubbing company like EA, they sold us this game at a very cheap price (for people that purchased the alpha, and beta).

They will continue to improve before and after release. ArmA 2, Arma, OFP... none of these games had 'FANTASTIC' content, nor was any of it stable at launch.

ArmA 3 is the most polished game in the series, and after release it'll be even more polished with things added over time.

But hey, go ahead and feel like they owe you so much more then they actually do. Go right ahead. Everyone has an opinion.

It's also laughable when people freak out, or treat the game developers like crap.

They aren't a money grubbing company like EA, they sold us this game at a very cheap price (for people that purchased the alpha, and beta).

They will continue to improve before and after release. ArmA 2, Arma, OFP... none of these games had 'FANTASTIC' content, nor was any of it stable at launch.

ArmA 3 is the most polished game in the series, and after release it'll be even more polished with things added over time.

But hey, go ahead and feel like they owe you so much more then they actually do. Go right ahead. Everyone has an opinion.

Oh, it's one of those replies.

Can't say anything bad about the game, because that's an insult straight aimed straight at the devs right? Grow up.

You don't think it's amusing that the L159 is the only aircraft there is? That the game is releasing with extremely minimal content? That this time it's completely up to the modding community to create any kind of content whatoever to make this playable? That people are posting on the forum because they simply cannot believe that this is actually all we're getting?

This whole thing is a big joke, least you can do is laugh through the tears.

Oh, it's one of those replies.

Can't say anything bad about the game, because that's an insult straight aimed straight at the devs right? Grow up.

You don't think it's amusing that the L159 is the only aircraft there is? That the game is releasing with extremely minimal content? That this time it's completely up to the modding community to create any kind of content whatoever to make this playable? That people are posting on the forum because they simply cannot believe that this is actually all we're getting?

This whole thing is a big joke, least you can do is laugh through the tears.

I find the new community that has flocked to this game, the joke.

To be honest, there is some limited content on weapons/vehicles... does that upset me? No. Does that make me happy? No.

But I know, BIS will add more content over time after release. I'm not an impatient little kiddie that wants everything NOW broken or not.

Until they add stuff, community made content will do. And Altis, fantastic looking island.

The reason why Independent gets a CAS jet is because they are supposed to be low tech compared to OPFOR and BLUFOR who use drones.

I am fine with this, personally I can't remember the last time i had a dogfight in ArmA or seen any jet missions besides CAS.

I'd rather that they get fixed-wing right and only have one jet than have multiple jets but a fundamentally flawed model underlying them, since the former sets a foundation on which they can add more content for this or for any DLC/expansion/sequel's fixed-wing aircraft, so I'm fine with the approach of only one jet at launch (and I find it amusingly cool that it's exclusive to AAF so right now there is a noticeable bit of aircraft asymmetry).

Please search before posting, there is already a thread covering the number of jets available in the first release.

And no, it won't stay like that for long :wink_o: