Sign in to follow this  
Divinitize

Procedural Textures

Does anyone know how i can use Procedural Textures on my own models, i have used = bar2 setObjectTexture [0,'#(rgb,8,8,3)color(1,0,0,1)'] on a helper arrow, which turns it red, however when i try on my object nothing happens, i have been trying to get my head around hidden selections and i'm just getting more confused as i look into it, nothing i do seems to work and i don't know if hidden selections are part of the problem for this or not.

I have applied a procedural texture to my object in oxygen, but i am unable to change it in the debug using the setobjecttexture command.

If hidden selections are needed for this sort of thing i would highly appreciate if somone could explain how to add them, because the tutorials and wiki's just make no sense, they tell you what to do rather than explaining how.

Thank's in advance.

I think chances are you can't use hidden selections and procedural textures together since hiddenselectionstextures[] is an array of images.

I think chances are you can't use hidden selections and procedural textures together since hiddenselectionstextures[] is an array of images.

I removed the hidden selection part from the config and there is only one named selection in oxygen but it's still not working, any other suggestions would be highly appreciated.

in o2 where you want th texture applied select all the faces and give it named property camo

in model.cfg in add "camo" to

sections[]={"camo"};

in config.cpp

hiddenSelections[] = {"camo"};

hiddenSelectionsTextures[] = {"#(argb,8,8,3)color(0,0,0,1.0,CO)"};

in game change texture by this setobjecttexture [0,"#(argb,8,8,3)color(1,0,0,1.0,CO)"]

ahoud work cant remember if # is necessay but try it in there anyway :)

I have added the hidden selection and named a selection but i dont have a model.cfg, could anyone give me a simple template

Edited by Divinitize

It's easy enough to find one but all the ones i see are for animations ect, i only need to define a selection

I mean look on your pdrive theres a very simple one model.cfg ,it comes with tool set up , simply copy that and you dont need skeletons only class name ofyour p3d in modelcfg section

I mean look on your pdrive theres a very simple one model.cfg ,it comes with tool set up , simply copy that and you dont need skeletons only class name ofyour p3d in modelcfg section

That done it thanks but the default colour is jet black and i cant change it via the colour pallet or the rvmat, any suggestions?