Sign in to follow this  
Danefrak

Amount of customization.

Hey! I'm a big Bohemia fan since I heard of DayZ, then I found arma and enjoyed it more than day etc etc. Anyways when I heard about TOM, naturally, I was really excited. I still am actually. There is just one thing I'm a little on the fence about. The customization of the rovers. It sounds like you pick a base model and just add addons. What I want to know is if like KSP, I could create a rover that looks completely different than someone else's. (Without modding). How deep is the customization? How many (roughly) base "skeletons" for rovers do you plan on having in the final release? Sorry for the rambling and thanks for creating such an amazing deep sounding game!

Hey! I'm a big Bohemia fan since I heard of DayZ, then I found arma and enjoyed it more than day etc etc. Anyways when I heard about TOM, naturally, I was really excited. I still am actually. There is just one thing I'm a little on the fence about. The customization of the rovers. It sounds like you pick a base model and just add addons. What I want to know is if like KSP, I could create a rover that looks completely different than someone else's. (Without modding). How deep is the customization? How many (roughly) base "skeletons" for rovers do you plan on having in the final release? Sorry for the rambling and thanks for creating such an amazing deep sounding game!

The customization of the rovers is mainly in terms of changing the equipment (robotic extensions, cameras, instruments, power sources, antennas and so on), but the base skeleton remains the same (basically a box with wheels). The system works via slots, so the base skeleton has many slots where you can attach equipment, and then some extensions (such as the robotic arm) have more slots, and the whole system is very modular. In the base game we have 3 rover skeletons (small, medium large) and 2 lander skeletons (small, large). Of course, as the skeleton is comprised of many individual parts, you could create your own skeleton config through a simple mod where you would be able to attach individual wheels if you wanted to.