kibot

[SP]Dynamic Universal War System (DUWS alpha0.1)

Anyone know how I can add a vehicle from a mod to the buy menu? I want to try flying the Apache Longbow mod by Whodunit and Franze in DUWS. Would like to be able to buy it from the menu and have it repair, refuel and rearm when I land at home base and the FOBs. The Longbow mod would go awesome with DUWS please any suggestions on how to do this?

Found some time to cleanup my version of DUWS, aka DUWS Unofficial.

Grab it here. PBO version in description

Changes:

Manual Zone placement Click START-M to place zones manuallly! Thanks to DUWS-R.

SATCOM support - live satellite feed from any point at map! However, to balance that beast i made it only accessible from FOBs and HQ.

Mobile Armory mission. Ammo ZAMAK that can act as, well, mobile armory. You can also refill your transport with that ZAMAK.

Transport Heli mission - recover CH-49 Mohawk which have best logistics capacity.

Logistics Support - tow vehicles with helis, load items to boxes, etc. Powered by [r3f] logistics

Mobile builder mission - recover builder vehicle which allows you to build fortifications and different structures.

F-35B - i hate lack of V/STOLs in A3, so i added support for F-35B using this awesome addon (please note that you need to download & install it separately)

Even more vehicles in request menu - supporting wide selection of assets from USAF and RHS:Escalation mod!

CP reward multiplier - unsatisfied with rewards from missions and base captures? Increase them!

Enemy unit multiplier - feeling a bit alone and bases too easy to capture? Multiply enemy numbers by 2! Or even 5.

ZBE unit caching - for those situations when your PC can't handle 500 units on altis. Enable in params.

Compatibility with AI mods - now your officer should not run away from base if you have VCom / ASR AI installed.

AGM mod support - should support HEAL function on FOBs/Bases.

Please note: mod support does not break anything, you still can play without them as you played before. Game will just warn you if you doesn't have required addon.

Found some time to cleanup my version of DUWS, aka DUWS Unofficial.

Grab it here. PBO version in description

Changes:

Manual Zone placement Click START-M to place zones manuallly! Thanks to DUWS-R.

SATCOM support - live satellite feed from any point at map! However, to balance that beast i made it only accessible from FOBs and HQ.

Mobile Armory mission. Ammo ZAMAK that can act as, well, mobile armory. You can also refill your transport with that ZAMAK.

Transport Heli mission - recover CH-49 Mohawk which have best logistics capacity.

Logistics Support - tow vehicles with helis, load items to boxes, etc. Powered by [r3f] logistics

Mobile builder mission - recover builder vehicle which allows you to build fortifications and different structures.

F-35B - i hate lack of V/STOLs in A3, so i added support for F-35B using this awesome addon (please note that you need to download & install it separately)

Even more vehicles in request menu - supporting wide selection of assets from USAF and RHS:Escalation mod!

CP reward multiplier - unsatisfied with rewards from missions and base captures? Increase them!

Enemy unit multiplier - feeling a bit alone and bases too easy to capture? Multiply enemy numbers by 2! Or even 5.

ZBE unit caching - for those situations when your PC can't handle 500 units on altis. Enable in params.

Compatibility with AI mods - now your officer should not run away from base if you have VCom / ASR AI installed.

AGM mod support - should support HEAL function on FOBs/Bases.

Please note: mod support does not break anything, you still can play without them as you played before. Game will just warn you if you doesn't have required addon.

Heyyyyyy I see you added in this F-35B jet mod, well what we really need is the Apache Longbow mod by Whodunit and Franze do you think you could tackle that? Would be awesome to fly this chopper in DUWS and be able to repair, refuel and rearm at home base and FOBs. What do you think if not could you walk me through how to add a vehicle from a mod to the DUWs buy menu?

If you want apache longbow, you can install RHS mod and request it :)

You can also refit it on base with "vehicle refit" support.

See here for details: http://doc.rhsmods.org/index.php/AH-64D

Right now, only multi-role apache is supported (both hellfire and hydra missiles in loadout).

And if you need to add your own vehicle, it's pretty easy to do. What you need is to unpack standalone PBO (i use eliteness with depbo), and find two files: dialog/request.sqf and dialog/request_vehicle.sqf.

In request.sqf, you will need to find block ending with:

_index1 = lbAdd [2102, "RHS RU T-80U (40CP)"]; // 53 rhs_t80u
_index1 = lbAdd [2102, "RHS RU BM-21 GRAD (60CP)"]; // 54 rhs_weap_grad
_index1 = lbAdd [2102, "RHS RU 2S3M Artillery (80CP)"]; // 55 rhs_2s3_tv

Add your entry below 2S3M entry, like:

_index1 = lbAdd [2102, "RHS RU T-80U (40CP)"]; // 53 rhs_t80u
_index1 = lbAdd [2102, "RHS RU BM-21 GRAD (60CP)"]; // 54 rhs_weap_grad
_index1 = lbAdd [2102, "RHS RU 2S3M Artillery (80CP)"]; // 55 rhs_2s3_tv
_index1 = lbAdd [2102, "MOD AH-64 (80CP)"]; // 56

Please note - this is just description, feel free to adjust it.

Then you need to go to to the almost end of request_vehicle.sqf. Find this code:

case 55:
   {
         if (commandpointsblu1 >= 80) then
           {
             if (isClass(configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> "rhs_2s3_tv")) then {
               hint "Vehicle ready !";
               commandpointsblu1 = commandpointsblu1 - 80;
               ctrlSetText [1000, format["%1",commandpointsblu1]];
               _vehic = "rhs_2s3_tv" createVehicle _spawnPos;
             } else {
             hint "RHS:Escalation mod not installed!";
             };
         }
         else
         {
         hint "Not enough command points";
         };
   };

Just below it, add

case 56:
   {
         if (commandpointsblu1 >= 80) then
           {
             if (isClass(configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> "rhs_2s3_tv")) then {
               hint "Vehicle ready !";
               commandpointsblu1 = commandpointsblu1 - 80;
               _vehic = "rhs_2s3_tv" createVehicle _spawnPos;
             } else {
             hint "RHS:Escalation mod not installed!";
             };
         }
         else
         {
         };
   };

Replacing rhs_2s3_tv with classname of vehicle you need.

Then pack it back to PBO with eliteness and you're done.

Thanks I'll try that out later. Oh I'll also need a gunner. Do you think it'll give me any trouble getting an NPC to ride in the gunner seat?

Depends on mod, but i usually doesn't had any problems with mods and AI crew.

Hey I got it working it's pretty fun but tough. Saving while using multiplayer seems to cause bugs with the Longbow mod but single player seems to work pretty good.

Saving with modded games always was a problem. DUWS simply calls saveGame ArmA function, and if it doesn't work correctly, i can't do anything.

Man what a trip I flew some more this time with ASR AI3 and the enemies are smart and they're everywhere and they got missiles. Haven't had trouble yet with saving in singleplayer but I gotta remember to do it more often. I was working on wasting these guys at a barracks then got reports of enemies approaching main base so I had to rush back and I wasted them, got back to where I was and something must have snuck up and shot me down. Well I think other people might want to play this here's the code I used if you want to add it (however it still has some bugs if you want to wait until the devs update it), I'm gonna try that other RHS Apache too and see how it compares:

Edit: Changed the price to be in line with the other Apache that is 50 CP, so made no radar version 60 and radar version for 70.

request.sqf

//AH-64D Apache Longbow by Nodunit and Franze
_index1 = lbAdd [2102, "MOD AH-64D Apache Longbow (70CP)"]; // 56 fza_ah64d_b2e
_index1 = lbAdd [2102, "MOD AH-64D Longbow NO RADAR (60CP)"]; // 57 fza_ah64d_b2e_nr

request_vehicle.sqf:

case 56:
   {
         if (commandpointsblu1 >= 70) then
           {
             if (isClass(configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> "fza_ah64d_b2e")) then {
               hint "Vehicle ready !";
               commandpointsblu1 = commandpointsblu1 - 70;
               _vehic = "fza_ah64d_b2e" createVehicle _spawnPos;
             } else {
             hint "AH-64D Apache Longbow by Nodunit and Franze NOT INSTALLED";
             };
         }
         else
         {
         };
   };
case 57:
   {
         if (commandpointsblu1 >= 60) then
           {
             if (isClass(configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> "fza_ah64d_b2e_nr")) then {
               hint "Vehicle ready !";
               commandpointsblu1 = commandpointsblu1 - 60;
               _vehic = "fza_ah64d_b2e_nr" createVehicle _spawnPos;
             } else {
             hint "AH-64D Apache Longbow by Nodunit and Franze NOT INSTALLED";
             };
         }
         else
         {
         };
   };

Edited by Emton

Hey rlex can you tell me how to disable AIS Injury? Do I just delete the line #include "ais_injury\cfgFunctionsAIS.hpp" in description.sqf? I think it might cause a bug, when my chopper gets shot down me and my gunner bail out, but the gunner gets removed from my squad and I can't add any new units at any base, and even reloading the save I still have no squad members and can't add any. I tried in another version of DUWS that didn't have AIS Injury (the original and one called rebirth) and didn't have this problem but I like some of the polish your version has. Does this problem sound weird any idea about it?

Edit: I commented out that line and so far haven't had the problem.

Edited by Emton

To disable AIS injury you need to go to "params" when creating server and disable reviving system.

Edited by rlex

Hey there rlex,

Just wanted to say that I love the additions you've created so far. Perhaps it might be worth merging yours with the one I saw come by earlier? DUWS-R?

Anyway, really enjoy the fact that people are throwing this content out on Github for all of us to enjoy and modify. Thanks again :)

Edited by Mmore

Hey there rlex,

Just wanted to say that I love the additions you've created so far. Perhaps it might be worth merging yours with the one I saw come by earlier? DUWS-R?

Anyway, really enjoy the fact that people are throwing this content out on Github for all of us to enjoy and modify. Thanks again :)

I will most likely work with DUWS-R team. My intention about my fork (DUWS Unofficial) was to provide currently playable mission forked from Modified. It will be most likely my "final" release, i will only provide bugfixes and _maybe_ leights opfor pack support.

---------- Post added at 00:29 ---------- Previous post was at 00:26 ----------

On a side note: i published DUWS Unofficial on github: https://github.com/rlex/a3-duws-unofficial

Feel free to take anything from my code since it's redistributed using same license as original DUWS by kibot.

Hey rlex I wanted to suggest 2 things. The SATCOM satellite feed the scrolling for zooming is incredibly slow do you think it could be faster to zoom in and out? Also I didn't try but does the satellite have infrared, that would be pretty cool. Second suggestion is for the CP multiplier do you think you could make 3x and 4x available?

@Emton SATCOM is separate script by different author, i'm not sure if i have permission to modify it. I believe IR and thermal feed is available if you press 1-2-3-4, should be normal-IR-FLIR/W-FLIR/B, or something like this. I'll try to look into scrolling speed but no promises.

As of multiplier, i thought i added 1x,2x,3x,4x,5x modifers. Not appearing in list? Screenshot will be nice.

Yea for me the only CP multipliers that show are 1x, 2x, and 5x, I'll take a screen shot if you want but that's what you'll see, I'll try with no mods and see if it still happens.

Could you tell me which file contains all the items that give a CP bonus, stuff like holding the zones, capturing a zone etc, I might want to look them over and see if I want to modify the bonuses.

---------- Post added at 04:33 ---------- Previous post was at 03:09 ----------

Here's that screen shot, no mods at all. http://i.imgur.com/3HBb2ys.png (841 kB)

Yea for me the only CP multipliers that show are 1x, 2x, and 5x, I'll take a screen shot if you want but that's what you'll see, I'll try with no mods and see if it still happens.

Could you tell me which file contains all the items that give a CP bonus, stuff like holding the zones, capturing a zone etc, I might want to look them over and see if I want to modify the bonuses.

---------- Post added at 04:33 ---------- Previous post was at 03:09 ----------

Here's that screen shot, no mods at all. http://i.imgur.com/3HBb2ys.png (841 kB)

Ah CP bonus, not enemy unit... sorry, misread that completely. Yeah, i'll do that in next ver.

Hey am I supposed to have 2 squad managers in my action menu when I'm at a base?? I don't know if it's a weird bug I got or if it's normal. Here's a screenshot http://i.imgur.com/vnzSyv3.png

Well if it's normal then I only want the squad manager available at a base because in the field it interferes every time I throw something or exit inventory "squad manager" pops up middle of screen, i have to scroll action menu and right click to get rid of it.

I found

_hq addaction ["<t color='#ffffff'>Squad Manager</t>","dialog\squad\squadmng.sqf", "", 0, true, true, "", "_this == player"];

in the HQaddactions file and I changed the color of the text but it only changes one of the squad manager entries, the other one is unchanged, so is there another place where _hq addaction for squadmng.sqf is so I can disable it? Please help this is annoying me.

Edit: Oh I see what's happening it's from the Fieldcomm ability. Well I want to disable that ability what's the best way to do that? For now I'm just gonna comment out the lines for addAction in experience_ability_fieldcomm.sqf

I would keep it but there is some bug when I close inventory or do other stuff "squad manager" comes up on screen and messes up my controls, this should be fixed, also it would be better if only 1 squad manager showed up when you're at a base so people like me don't get confused when they see it.

Best idea: Take the fieldcomm ability off the action menu and instead you call it through the abilities menu (0-0), better to keep the action menu less cluttered.

Edited by Emton

Ability is only available if you have some experience earned in DUWS. There is bunch of abilities like field repair, field surgery and etc... this is from original mission from kibot and i haven't touched it (looks like BigShot haven't touched it too in Modified) so i just leave it "As is" in my fork.

Ability is only available if you have some experience earned in DUWS. There is bunch of abilities like field repair, field surgery and etc... this is from original mission from kibot and i haven't touched it (looks like BigShot haven't touched it too in Modified) so i just leave it "As is" in my fork.

Yea that's what confused me I had earned the ability but didn't know it so when I started seeing extra "squad managers" everywhere I thought it was a bug. For now I disabled it by commenting out the addAction for it but I would like to keep it, just access it though the abilities menu, pressing 0-0 etc, would that be easy to do? I don't like adding more stuff to the action menu it already has enough stuff.

Edit: Also I've noticed the supports menu only has enough room for 10 supports and if I have more than that I can't access them. Well I think the requests window should only let us unlock 10 supports if we can only use 10 and it should tell us how many more we can unlock.

And one more thing can other stuff that might appear on the action menu be moved to the 0-0, 0-9, or 0-8 (custom) menu. Like maybe the view distance script, FLIR display or other things? I think if it's possible it would be good to utilize those menus instead of adding more stuff to the action menu...

Edited by Emton

>Edit: Also I've noticed the supports menu only has enough room for 10 supports and if I have more than that I can't access them.

ArmA issue, can't do anything about it.

Well how about moving the Field Comm ability to the abilities menu instead of the action menu since it's an ability, since there are only 7 abilities there is room for 3 more on the menu... This way there's not the problem of "Squad Manager" appearing twice when you're at a base and it doesn't take up space on the action menu.

Edited by Emton

Hey I uploaded my mod of DUWS. There's a PBO file in the github you can download if you want to try it out https://github.com/Emton/DUWS-Longbow-10 Here's some of the changes I made:

Added AH-64D Apache Longbow by Nodunit and Franze to the vehicles list, is not required to play. If you fly the Longbow be sure to use the regular key for switching weapons (usually F) instead of the custom WAS control. The problem was after using vehicle refit the WAS would no longer cycle through the weapons properly. Game saving was working pretty good in single player however the Longbow is in a early state for Arma 3 so you might get a bug where you can't start the IHADSS after you're wrecked the chopper and bought a new one.

Disabled AIS Injury to prevent a bug, when the Longbow got shot down the player and the gunner would be ejected from the chopper and the gunner (probably any squad units) would get removed from your squad, you could no longer add units to your squad and even after reloading a previous save the problem would persist. I don't know if it's a problem with any aircraft and AIS Injury or just the Longbow. If you want AIS Injury just open description.sqf and remove the "//" comment marks from the 2 lines with AIS Injury.

Reworked AP and Warcom. I made the AP more of a consistent scale: 0, 25, 50, 75, 100, 150, 200, 250, 300. I also adjusted the AP requirements for when attack and patrol waves get sent. Now an attack wave will come 10 points before one of the AP settings and a patrol wave will come 10 points after one of the AP settings (also at 0). So when you get to 15 AP there should be an attack wave and when you get to 35 there should be a patrol wave and so forth. I also added additional unit types to the higher AP settings. When you hit 190 AP you'll be met with Mechanized AA Infantry, 240 AP sends Tank Section, 290 AP brings you an AA Tank Platoon. Same for BLUFOR counterparts.

Lowered times between attack waves. Basically wherever I saw a 900 I made it 600. This gets you attack waves about every 10 - 20 mins instead of 15 -30.

Lowered time for CP gain. Now you get CP every 20 mins. Added CP multipliers 3x and 4x.

Tweaked the view for the SATCOM, hid lines, got rid of the colors, increased the mousewheel zooming speed, adjusted the text boxes (for me they were off). Wanted to make all the text white but couldn't seem to change it so off-white will have to do.

Adjusted the order of actionmenu items, got rid of most colors.

Increased the distance which you can place a FOB from the center of the zone to 350m, up from 250m. So you have more available placement area for finding a good defensive location. Note: I'm not sure what would happen if you placed the FOB ouside a 250m zone but probably nothing or it just wouldn't allow you.

Removed the lighting from fortified FOBs because I didn't like my base being lit up at night.

Changed the layout of the Main base request dialog, now you can see all the support unlocks without scrolling in a tiny window.

>Disabled AIS Injury to prevent a bug, when the Longbow got shot down the player and the gunner would be ejected from the chopper and the gunner (probably any squad units) would get removed from your squad, you could no longer add units to your squad and even after reloading a previous save the problem would persist. I don't know if it's a problem with any aircraft and AIS Injury or just the Longbow. If you want AIS Injury just open description.sqf and remove the "//" comment marks from the 2 lines with AIS Injury

You can disable (and change) revive system using "params" when creating mission.

To disable it properly, open params.hpp and change default value.

But nice job overall.