Sign in to follow this  
aimerleg

FPS Fix

Hello, I have no idea if this is in the right forum as I dont really post actual threads often, but anyway... to the point. (Also sorry for the title....could not think of one...)

I have a GT 630,

16 GB ram

Windows 8.

I have a 1920 x 1080 screen.

I had problems with running Arma 2 for a while, I would get 20-30 fps on pretty low settings, with 3D Resolution at 75% and lower, but I always had my interface resolution at 100% (1920 x 1080)

I tried all these "FPS FIX" where you edit your config files, set all these different things to ;1 and so on, yet that did not work for me, and I dont now if i am just plain stupid but yesterday I played around with the settings after having nvidia "optimize" my game, it changed nothing so I started to play around in them, I set interface resolution to one of the 1300 x and I realised 3D resolution busted up to 100%, I checked the game, running 50-60 fps high settings, but no motion blur. I made it go down even more, and I gained even more fps. While the game being still really clear due to 100% 3D resolution, the only downgrade to that would be a slightly blurry interface menu, I have no idea if this was something I did not know of, but you can try it out, thats the whole reason of this thread :/

1. Go into ingame Arma 2 settings.

2. Change interface resolution to a lower amount than your screen (or lower amount that you currently have)

3. Change 3D settings to that amount if it did not do that automaticly.

4. Enjoy, if still laggy, change interface resolution to an even lower amount. ;)

Edited by AimerLeg

What kind of CPU do you have? If we know, we might be able to help you. The ARMA series depends a lot on a good CPU for A.I. calculations.

I have a GT 630
but I always had my interface resolution at 100% (1920 x 1080)
I set interface resolution to one of the 1300 x

In short: you reduced the workload for your (no offence) quite weak GPU which gives you a FPS boost. Not really a "fix" but rather a logical consequence, don't you think?

Alot of it depends on the server to.

We're talking about FPS lag, which is affected by the quality of your PC specs. That's totally different than latency.

Thanks for posting this. It may not help everyone but it sure does work for us with weak GPUs :D