Taosenai

TMR Modular Realism

Hey,

do you have a rough plan of things you'll add in the Future? apart from what is listed on the bugtracker already.

Also, i believe there is a script called INKO Disposable already (the CAF mod utilizes that afaik) which does exactly what you listed as a proposed solution in the bugtracker.

Feature list is only in my head. I don't want to make promises that I can't keep. Too often I've thought, "well I'll just implement this..." and then I determine that it's either impossible or can't be done in a decent way.

INKO Disposable is a fine piece of work, but I expect I'll implement my version slightly differently.

Quality mod. Do you intend to release it on Play with SIX?

It's free to be redistributed. I think my folding map addon is on there already.

Another idea; what do you think about adding some sort of hi-capacity drum magazine for the Katiba, and Beta-C magazines for the F2000 and TAR-21? It seems like it would be mostly just icon and config work; these are things that either already exist in real life in at least some form.

While on the subject of magazine tweaks: The Stanag magazines have choices for any of the three tracer colours, while most of the other tracer magazines don't; might it be possible to add variants for that?

Drums are possible surely but 1) the magazine model would not update; it would still be a regular box mag and 2) such drums could only be fairly represented with a dreadful jam rate, from what I've read/seen on them.

Adding more tracer colors is just config work, yep.

Is it possible to have the pivot point at the bipod?

Absolutely impossible without a complete suite of custom character animations and I'll stand by that.

First of all, fantastic mod and the quality is perfect. Great work.

There is only one issue, friendly AI who are have the PCML on, keep complaining that they are out of ammo. Since the PCML is disposable, the complaint is just irritating and confusing. I was wondering if you can make them stop complaining about that? Perhaps even drop the launcher on the ground after they have used it? That would be perfect and streamline a lot of the missions since I can just tell the AI to pick up another launcher or something.

Some people in my community have been reporting the bipod bound to "Tab" not working just to find it bound to "T".

Oh and what does the tab button do on the PCML? :D

Some people in my community have been reporting the bipod bound to "Tab" not working just to find it bound to "T".

Oh and what does the tab button do on the PCML? :D

The bipods and PCML use whatever key you have bound as your 'Next Target'/'Lock On' key. By default this is [Tab] but you may have changed it to [T].

On the PCML holding this key turns on the guidance system, and the missile will fly on a curved path generated from the way the gunner changes their point of aim while the guidance key is held down. There is a small mission that demonstrates how to use it.

yeah, that was not really working.

But anyway, thanks for the info!

The bipods and PCML use whatever key you have bound as your 'Next Target'/'Lock On' key. By default this is [Tab] but you may have changed it to [T].

On the PCML holding this key turns on the guidance system, and the missile will fly on a curved path generated from the way the gunner changes their point of aim while the guidance key is held down. There is a small mission that demonstrates how to use it.

I think BIS have changed the default binding...

I think BIS have changed the default binding...

oh right, completely forgot that!

I am changing to the dev branch to continue development from here forward on account of BIS shortly releasing the final beta stable patch (I expect).

The next big feature set is still in the works, but I'll aim to have a 0.3 release which updates everything to the dev branch standard in a few days.

0.2.3 maintenance update is released.

Changelog

- Fixed: RPG-42 now uses BI's reticle and flight paramters. This is pending a revision by me.

- Fixed: Weapon autorest now very slightly more network efficient.

- Added: Weapon resting tutorial.

Release Notes

This is a maintenance release to support the newest beta stable branch. More features are coming soon!

Apologies if it was mentioned previously, but I'm having issues with the RPG when using this mod.

I can aim somewhere with the reticule, but if I look through the scope the aim is higher than where I was looking previously.

If I fire a rocket unscoped, I can see the rocket, and it goes where I'm aiming.

If I fire a rocked while scoped, the rocket is invisible and fires higher than where the scope is pointing.

Is there a way to temporarily just use TMR for the weapon recoil features and discard the rest?

Seeing as that's the main reason I'm using it anyway... and no other recoil mods (if there are any) aren't supported on the server(s) I play on.

Apologies if it was mentioned previously, but I'm having issues with the RPG when using this mod.

I can aim somewhere with the reticule, but if I look through the scope the aim is higher than where I was looking previously.

If I fire a rocket unscoped, I can see the rocket, and it goes where I'm aiming.

If I fire a rocked while scoped, the rocket is invisible and fires higher than where the scope is pointing.

Is there a way to temporarily just use TMR for the weapon recoil features and discard the rest?

Seeing as that's the main reason I'm using it anyway... and no other recoil mods (if there are any) aren't supported on the server(s) I play on.

If you are using TMR 0.2.3 (the latest release), then you are using BI's RPG-42 reticle system. The TMR RPG-42 module currently only adds the smoke round and makes changes to damage -- flight parameters and reticle are BI's new ones for now.

It sounds like you need to update your TMR.

Regarding just using the weapon recoil features, yes! That's why TMR is modular. Just delete the modules you don't want. You'll want to get rid of tmr_disposable.pbo, tmr_nlaw.pbo, tmr_rpg42.pbo, and tmr_u_loadouts.pbo.

This doesn't work with the dev version?

I can never guarantee compatibility with the in-flux dev branch, but at this very second TMR 0.2.3 is fully compatible with the dev branch. The only issue is that the RPG-42 tutorial will teach you about the wrong reticle.

---------- Post added at 18:09 ---------- Previous post was at 18:08 ----------

Oh P.S. I have released a compatibility addon for JSRS2 and TMR. The only thing fixed is the correct sound for the Mk200 single fire. You can get it from the download link as usual.

Updated version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

** compatibility addon for JSRS2 and TMR available on the same page

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Here's a teaser of what's planned for 0.3, the Reticle Update.

0.3 will include:

- Reworked ballistics values for 6.5mm and 5.56mm weapons, along with the real (yet made-up) load data

- Really nice, animated, illuminated, 2D reticles to replace the awful, inaccurate, weirdly-swaying sorta-3D reticles we have now

0.4, the Marksman Update, will include (planned):

- Wind affects bullets

- Adjustable elevation and windage on your optics (where appropriate) -- which is saved. Zero your optics exactly how you like them and TMR will remember across sessions

- Configurable keybindings for all TMR keys

And here's a little screenshot for those who, like me, can't stand the 3D scope view added to Arma 3.

http://www.ryanschultz.org/arma3/arco_reticle_ss.png (2208 kB)

That's a fully-calibrated reticle very, very carefully based on the SpecterDR 1-4x reticle.

The 3D reticle swaying is realistic from what I know.

Yay!

The 3D reticle swaying is realistic from what I know.

Yay!

Just wanted to say that. The 3d reticle is actually a fully realistically installment. It allways keeps the aim where the weapon is aiming. You can try that out by freelooking away from it.

I would recommend not changing that system.

Jump to 10:40 min.

Pls dont change it back.

It allways keeps the aim where the weapon is aiming. You can try that out by freelooking away from it.

... Here Dslyexci is talking about exactly that feature. Jump to 10:40 min.

That's the red dot collimator sights on top of the scopes that have the parallax-free aiming ability.

The reticles in the magnified 3D scopes are painted onto a 2D plane inside the optical tube and do suffer from parallax-shift when the aim sways - the 3D magnified sights don't really work very well for a number of reasons.

3D scopes are not that bad. Problem with them is that it's hard to see range adjustments on them. Great to know we will have an option.

Fantastic mod so far. Thanks for the hard work.

Ah ok - you are talking about the "3D" zoomed scopes.

I was of course only referring to the collimator sights.

Greetz

That's the red dot collimator sights on top of the scopes that have the parallax-free aiming ability.

The reticles in the magnified 3D scopes are painted onto a 2D plane inside the optical tube and do suffer from parallax-shift when the aim sways - the 3D magnified sights don't really work very well for a number of reasons.

Yes, this is what I'm talking about. Specifically, the magnified modes of the ARCO, RCO (HAMR), and MRCO sights. I definitely won't change the collimated optics (red dot sights)! They're fantastic!

Problems with the 3D magnified sights include 1) the way in which the sight moves around within your fixed view, rather than the view moving inside the sight (which is what looking into magnified optics really feels like and how it was in Arma 2 and earlier A3), 2) the parallax shift caused by this swaying action and the slight movements of the idle stances, 3) the total lack of reticle illumination (try using one of the magnified optics at night, even with moonlight), 4) you can easily use your NVGs together with the 4x optics, which should not be possible and which is not necessary thanks to the new fast-responding HDR, and 5) I do not want fingerprints and smears on my optics.

So you want to remove the possiblity to see the environment around the scope if I understand you right?

Mh - I personally find it way better than the black hole version we had in the beginning of the alpha.

To every other aspect you mentionned I totally agree.

Greetz

So you want to remove the possiblity to see the environment around the scope if I understand you right?

Mh - I personally find it way better than the black hole version we had in the beginning of the alpha.

Did you have a look at the screenshot he posted?

It's a 2D optic in the style of the SOS sniper optics - 2D but you can still see an area of darkened, blurred peripheral vision around the outside of the eyepiece instead of the solid black shroud we had in previous titles and still have on things like the RPG/PCML NV sights.