Sign in to follow this  
quantenfrik

change settings immediately?

hi,

i was just wondering if there are any scripts or other ways of changing settings (mostly video) without having to open menu --> options --> video options ?

what i imagined was like that i press a key, and this changes the view distance to a predefined value.

searched for a few minutes but didnt find anything, but didnt know to what exactly search for.

any ideas?

as regards viewdistance, in the editor make a game logic, in the initialization type setviewdistance *** replacing the *** with whatever number you choose. other than that youd be better looking for an addon.

That would be very helpful for switching between flying and on the ground. I am also interested in this.

There's always Instant View Distance by radical.ghost.

I suppose if you were to dig around in there you could figure out a way to bind specific settings to a custom key, but I've never felt like it was slowing me down at all.

I like DVD too, very useful if one likes large-scale battles with TPWCAS running.

However, I suspect that radical ghost's IVD might be a better choice for switching between ground-pounding & flight as GReeves wants to do. IVD (IIRC) uses the mouse wheel to control view distance.

I think thats MWVD, seem to remember, there are a few around, all are really useful for various situations.

Just take your pick.