Sign in to follow this  
TravisJ

How do you call a trigger from another trigger?

How do you call a trigger from another trigger? I want to call trigger B from trigger A to create a chain reaction. How to do that?

Well how about this:

in your init.sqs for the mission (just make one) put </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">go = false;<span id='postcolor'>

alternatively put that line in your Players init field.

Then in trigger A activation field put: </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">go = true<span id='postcolor'>

After that, in trigger B and up you can use this in the condition field: </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">this && go<span id='postcolor'>

This will ensure trigger B will not activate until 'go' is true, you can still select the type of activation for trigger B in the editor, but it will only come on after trigger A has activated.

He may not want trigger B to have any conditions so in that case its condition field would be:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">go <span id='postcolor'>

RED

Or if he wants trigger B to activate a time later he would want:

go && this

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (InqWiper @ Aug. 06 2002,07:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Or if he wants trigger B to activate a time later he would want:

go && this<span id='postcolor'>

RED > yep, thanks

InqWiper, unfortunately the end result of

go && this

is the same as

this && go

Although if I was really worried about CPU usage I might opt for

go && this

just in case.

smile.gif

I am hoping that when he says how the 'go' works he can fix the datails as he likes.