Sign in to follow this  
park123

difficulty/Cheats

Hi Guys

I have been following this game for some time and now have done a pre order looking forward to it!!!!

Just a couple of things

I am an amateur Astronomer and supernova hunter (http://bosssupernova.com/).Like most love the night sky and especially Mars. The idea of this is fantastic. But I worry that you may not be able keep it interesting. I really do hope that you are able to do more than just drive rovers around and dig holes after a while and short while this may get boring. Also I hope you don’t make it too difficult to control things ie you won’t have to be a PHD to be able to play.

Lastly I know this is a dirty word for you writers but will you be able access a cheat mode for players that don’t want to muck around.I know I will get told off here but there are always different reasons for people to purchase this game some just want to have fun and drive around in a fancy rover!! I hope the missions are not too hard to take away the fun part of the sim.

Many thanks

Stu

Hi,

The game features 3 modes of play - Space Program, Scenarios, and Editor. The space program has you managing a space agency investigating mars in realistic scientific style. Scenarios are single missions, where you control a rover in a specific scenario, perfect for trying the game out. Lastly, the editor allows you to create your own scenarios, as well as muck around with everything in the game.

Additionally modability allows for the creation of custom content. As I showed at E3, through modding you can create practically anything, with the example I showed being a 4-wheeled buggy with mounted machinegun.

The campaign also automatically adds custom locations, thus allowing players to add their own locations and so on.

I showed being a 4-wheeled buggy with mounted machinegun.

I didn`t see that.. :) i will look for it now :D

Hi,

The game features 3 modes of play - Space Program, Scenarios, and Editor. The space program has you managing a space agency investigating mars in realistic scientific style. Scenarios are single missions, where you control a rover in a specific scenario, perfect for trying the game out. Lastly, the editor allows you to create your own scenarios, as well as muck around with everything in the game.

Now that sounds like it.Really looking forward to it now

It would be nice in the space program mode to opt-in to a "dev" mode / Cheat mode. like you do with real-time/sim-time. ive had to restart the space program a number of time (at least 5 times now) because the 1st rover crashes on the sky crane drop or somthing.

the opt in cheat mode could disable achievements and all that stuff. Most of all, i don't see why not in a single player game, if the game has a leader board type system at one point you could always just opt out the dev/cheat mode guys.

-Regards Nick "Reject"

Edited by Reject
Spelling

It would be nice in the space program mode to opt-in to a "dev" mode / Cheat mode. like you do with real-time/sim-time. ive had to restart the space program a number of time (at least 5 times now) because the 1st rover crashes on the sky crane drop or somthing.

the opt in cheat mode could disable achievements and all that stuff. Most of all, i don't see why not in a single player game, if the game has a leader board type system at one point you could always just opt out the dev/cheat mode guys.

-Regards Nick "Reject"

In terms of the economy issues, we'll be handling that with more side missions, as a start. We're at the drawing board regarding exactly how to further improve it.