Sign in to follow this  

There is an option to select a wingman. When pressing the key the four icons for manta or walrus rise a bit in the GUI but thats it.

Can someone explain please how to use this command.

No idea, but you can select any unit and get it to assist by holding space and then moving the mouse to the Assist icon. Is this what you mean?

No idea, but you can select any unit and get it to assist by holding space and then moving the mouse to the Assist icon. Is this what you mean?

no this function is well known to me and works also fine.

What I mean are those wingman keys which can be configured also in the options.

Maybe its only story related, since I play only strategy I dont know

Any units selected as wingmen will have any command you issue applied to them as well, like dock, undock, attack as well as being able to set them to the same waypoint on the map at the same time. If you have units of the same type selected as wingmen and then select assist on the radial menu, the wingmen will be set to assist your active unit. Basically lets you control your fleet without having to order them individually.

ah right, I've never used this before but sounds very useful. Kind of like giving orders to squad leader in ARMA

There is an option to select a wingman. When pressing the key the four icons for manta or walrus rise a bit in the GUI but thats it.

Can someone explain please how to use this command.

You can press 2/3/4/5 plus string and you have all four selected at once. When you now press space, and for example use "offensive stance", you get, 3 wingmans which are seek and destroy any enemy in the vicinity. The key you pressed at first is the leading one, for example you press 5 and then 4/3/2 plus string, the 4/3/2 are assisting number 5.

Plus: if you press for example a number 6 (walrus) then hold pressed string, and press 7/8/9 and 2/3/4/5 and then if you undock number 6, all Others are undocking as well, and then pressing the space key, you can ask them all at once to assist and all will follow you. If you reach on the field, enemies, you switch via SPACE, from assist to offensive stance and you get a strong cover from air and ground.

But careful not to loose control of them... they are easy to be lost if they get to close to a fortress or anything stronger than their own weapons and armor. You can only send them back to dock at the carrier if you return them to defensive stance, in offensive stance they will not dock, even if you give the dock command.