twisted

delete units on reaching waypoint

hi.

im trying to get units to delete when they reach a way point but they seem to be deleted before they reach it. group is _heligroup2 and waypoint = 3rd waypoint

code is

[_heligroup,2] setWaypointStatements ["true", "{deletevehicle _x} foreach units _heligroup; deletegroup _heligroup;"];

any advice to what i am doing wrong would be appreciated ...

If there are vehicles you need to delete the crew first, then the vehicle.

{deleteVehicle _x} forEach crew vehicleName + [vehicleName];

thanks but i thougth that was what {deletevehicle _x} foreach units _heligroup did. I'll give what you said a shot.

cheers!

That'll delete the crew but not the vehicle. Here's what I used to delete a group + vehicle in a waypoint dynamically:

cleanUpveh = vehicle leader this; {deleteVehicle _x} forEach crew cleanUpveh + [cleanUpveh]; deleteGroup this;

Should work too. :) Well, assuming the group is in the vehicle.

• Like 1

very nice. thanks for the generous help.

On 15/07/2013 at 0:50 AM, kylania said:

That'll delete the crew but not the vehicle. Here's what I used to delete a group + vehicle in a waypoint dynamically:

cleanUpveh = vehicle leader this; {deleteVehicle _x} forEach crew cleanUpveh + [cleanUpveh]; deleteGroup this;

Should work too. :) Well, assuming the group is in the vehicle.

where to put this? in the trigger, right?

So, I needed to delete an aircraft and crew after it did a flyover and had moved far enough away to not be seen or heard.  I looked here and elsewhere on the web for help, the video link is dead, and on the wiki for deleteVehicle, it says:

"Use deleteVehicleCrew to delete units that are in a vehicle! Do not use this command for a vehicle's crew members as it may lead to all sorts of bugs and ghost objects left on the map."

After trying a few things that left the copilot falling out of his parachute, or no parachute or no crew and crash-and-burn, I put this code in the On Activation area of the final MOVE waypoint for the flyover aircraft:

deleteVehicleCrew vehicleName; deleteVehicle vehicleName;

Substitute in the Variable name of your vehicle, used in Object: Init where it says "vehicleName", above.

💀

If you need simple flyover just for effect, I recommend using BIS_fnc_ambientFlyby. You just fill the parameters and the script takes care of the rest.