Sign in to follow this  
Evilhardt

How to: 3rd Person [off] HUD [on]

Hey,

I want to have 3rd person disabled but HUD enabled in my mission. With the general difficulty settings I can't achieve this. As soon as 3rd person is disabled via those settings the HUD will be disabled too. This is kinda stupid imo. But I was on servers that have the exact configuration i desire. Can you tell me how to get to that?

You can manually edit the settings for each difficulty in options.

Go to:

Options > Game > Difficulty

Then select one of the difficulties you wish (Recruit and Regular are 100% editable, the other 2 are limited to edit) and then find 3rd Person view and switch it to Disabled

If you're turning off 3D, remember to get yourself a pair of these to fully replicate what you're doing: http://www.ebay.com/bhp/horse-blinders :)

No 3D isn't more realistic, it's quite a bit less. You also lose out on all the wonderful textures and animations that make ArmA3 so amazing. You also lose all peripheral vision. And yes, while you can "see" over walls if you were on the other side of a wall from an enemy you'd know it anyway. Not to mention that operating vehicles in 1st person is slow insanity at times.