Sign in to follow this  
AveryTheKitty

Unable to play ArmA 3

I have just reinstalled ArmA 3,and it is a fresh reinstall without any mods. However when I start the game up,the loading screen will appear,and then disappear. The game worked previously so I knew after the loading screen the game started up. However,it didn't,and no matter what I tried it would not start up for me. :(

Please help.

Have you checked you game Arma 3 cache on Steam?

Right click on Arma 3 in your steam library > Properties > Local files > Verify integrity of game cache.

It's starting up now. But instead of the game,it will just be a black screen and doesn't move at all, and if I Ctrl + Alt + Delete I see an error saying "ArmA 3 has stopped working".

Have you checked you game Arma 3 cache on Steam?

Right click on Arma 3 in your steam library > Properties > Local files > Verify integrity of game cache.

Yup. Just did. I don't see anything missing.

Edited by Nightmare515

No. Should I try re installing after uninstalling and deleting previous files?

I just re installed and rebooted my computer. Still nothing. :(

I added NoSplash and NoBenchmark. I also installed Direct X. Now a black screen appears but never loads and when I Ctrl + Alt + Delete, ArmA 3 stops responding.

Edited by Nightmare515

What operating system are you using and have you recently updated any drivers?

Are you using ZoneAlarm Firewall? Some people reported startup problems when using ZoneAlarm (reboot after uninstall is needed with ZA).

Check your Windows eventlog for error messages and check the .rpt in your Arma3 appdata folder (C:\Users\[uSER NAME]\AppData\Local\Arma 3).

check http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=8569 for some extra tips.

Edited by ozzbik

I do not have ZoneAlarm. Also I am on Windows 7 Pro and my drivers are up to date.

My game is working! :'D I don't know how I fixed it but it's working again! Yay!

Edited by Nightmare515