Sign in to follow this  
This kid

Trying to edit weapon config using Eliteness v2.95

I have problems editing ArmA 3 PBO's. :(

I use Mikero's Eliteness 2.95 and DePbo 4.05

When editing configs in PBO-files (usually weapons) something goes wrong. When starting ArmA 3 and cheking my results I get a warped and lengthened left arm with no weapon. See picture:

http://i.imgur.com/rMxpu8I.jpg (407 kB)

This happens even if I don't do any changes to the file. Even if I just DePbo and CreatePbo, replace the original PBO in the Addons folder, then when placing a unit in the editor the arm is warped.

What is wrong? Does anyone else have this problem?

impressive picture!! i'm not aware of any issues. latest dll (4.10) and eliteness have only just been released.. Or, you could try extractpboGui

Hi!

Let me just say that I love the Eliteness program and I would rather not use something else. Thank you Mikero for this wonderful program you have provided the Arma community with.

Now, I installed the updated Version Eliteness 2.96 and dll 4.10. When trying to run the program I get system error:

Program can not start because MSVCP110.dll is missing.

What does that mean? I put the 4.10 dll in the same folder as Eliteness 2.96.

Edited by This kid

You need those dlls now for some of the tools if you aren't on Win8: vs2102_support_dlls.rar

Also to be found in the files section.

mikero removed that rar as these dlls were not working on all systems.

In general you need to download vcredist from microsoft. That should give you the required dlls. If not, post again here please.

Thank you, I no longer get system error, and now can run Eliteness 2.96. :)

I downloaded and installed Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86) and Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 Update 3 .

However, I still get a warped and lengthened left arm with no weapon. :(

This happens even if I don't do any changes to the file. Even if I just DePbo and CreatePbo.

i'll need a copy of that pbo or a url to it, or try this same test on an 'official' a2 pbo to get same results, and get back to me.

or, as I say, try ExtractPboGui which is a cut down version of eliteness and has improved pbo handling.

Hi!

Now I've dePBO'ed weapons.pbo from ArmA2, rePBO'ed it, and this is what I get ingame:

http://i.imgur.com/Yot7fKn.jpg (532 kB)

Same warped arm, no visible weapon.

I also get the error messages: "cannot load texture ca\weapons\data\ico\i_regular_ca.paa" and "cannot open object ca\weapons\vg_head.p3d".

I used Eliteness 2.96.

I have no idea what is wrong here.

Are you saying you did change nothing, just extract and repack?

Please post your rpt and exact repro steps what you did.