Sign in to follow this  
brad7

Combat Vest

I have created a Combat vest for arma 3. As soon as i get the texture done i will release it but that depends on my texturing skills which are poor...

I didnt know where to post this issue but as this is a WIP addon i thought i should post it here, If you feel you could help me with the texturing of this read below the image.

Vest.png

So as you can see i have created the 3d model but now im up to texturing.

Ive done basic retextures of the BIS gear but i dont have a clue where to start or even if i can texture the model in 3ds max

Thanks Brad...

With the pilot holster it would be cool to see a new animation for unholstering the pistol. :)

Dont really know how to create animations so it would just be for show...

Hey Brad,

Looks good however i would advise you to download the bis samples for arma 3 so you get the sizes right for use on the a3 soldier, it's impossible without :P also i wouldn't expect that vest to be perfect since it will clip through the uniform ingame if you model it after the sample model so my advise (of course it's only my openion on this matter) model a uniform aswell and then model the vest ontop of the uniform then there won't be any problems like the vest being too small or too big.

best of luck!

-astast

Allright cheers astast, how would i go about modelling a uniform though?

It's a little like modeling a car unless the arma 3 man is your blueprint and you just model around it start with the leg and then the torso, arms and that's it. remember to use mirror modefier so you don't have to make the same things two times just when you are done make some variations in the verts

...Dont really have a clue :confused:

Do you know how to texture the vest?

no sorry i'm just a modeler :P but Abs made some good modeling tutorials for arma 2 i use much of the same concept to model my units.

...Dont really have a clue :confused:

Do you know how to texture the vest?

You'll need to map the UVs. Then use your UV map file as a base to paint over, creating a simple diffuse map. Elaborate on the diffuse with additional layers such as Ambient Occlusion for more oomph.

Not sure how many polys you're using but you may have to retopo it down to a low poly mesh...which will be easier to unwrap and seam the UVs.

THEN it's into O2 I guess where you'll possibly have to create an rvmat for it.

Hope this helps and not teaching you to suck eggs.

BSW