Sign in to follow this  
Sakai

[wip] aks-74u

Hello, I would like to present you AKS-74U for ArmA 3!

I'm not yet familiar completely with ArmA 3 modding style as config is completely differ, most of stuff is left to do is scripting and some oxygen selections to fix.

Credits: Tigg for the AK and Magazine, he gives permission to use his models on gamebanana.

Video Preview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YviEtrQxuyU

Download Link:

Click me!

Credits:

NightmareMutant - Fire Sound for Main Sound

Euan Mitchell, "tigg" - 3D Model

GvsE - For reminding me about the reloadaction system, thanks to him we got the snazzy arma 3 reload style

Bad Benson - For helping me out with textures and creating RVMAT's for the gun itself!

Edited by Sakai

Another Video Preview, changed the gun sound to more powerful and nicer, fixed the shadowlod bug,small animation fix, recoil changed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6okPoW5Zuo&

watch in 1080p

To Fix:

Gear weapon & mag pictures.

Better reload sfx.

To add:

Custom gun rpm - reload and hold.

Attachment's - Scopes.

About RPM, not sure if I can get that done to be honest, tried and my brain had a meltdown... But if anyone is interested to help me out let me know! :)

Edited by Sakai

Alpha Version Release!

Changelog:

New Dryfire from AK series added.

Gear Icon's added.

New Fire sound added.

Positioning slightly fixed.

Video Preview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfAef-YpDdA

Files Included:

Credits & Information

aks74u.pbo & old fire sound aks74u.

You can find the old fire sound aks74u in a foldier in the .PBO folder, the aks74u.pbo in the .PBO folder is the newest gun fire.

Download Link: http://www.sendspace.com/file/41nas6

PLEASE understand this is categorized as "ALPHA" still a lot to work on!

On the side note, been working on getting some scope for the AKS-74U:

buldozer201307030451.png

c34buldozer201307030451.png

508buldozer201307030451.png

But of course stuck with a certain problem which is different modding style than ArmA 2 therefor getting scopes will take a bit of time because I still do not know how to script them properly.

Edited by Sakai

Thanks for sending us the release :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

PS, thread moved to complete as requested!

Hi i'm new to the arma 2,3 mods. I managed to add the FHQ M4 and R3F French Weapons mod pack. But I can not add any ak. I put this file in the addon folder, but when I look in the editor "empty-> ammo, there's nothing there. Am I doing something wrong? Thank you

Hi i'm new to the arma 2,3 mods. I managed to add the FHQ M4 and R3F French Weapons mod pack. But I can not add any ak. I put this file in the addon folder, but when I look in the editor "empty-> ammo, there's nothing there. Am I doing something wrong? Thank you

Yes you are so did I forgot to add classnames in the file/topic, you must add it by Init in the editor because I have not added a box for it.

Classnames:

sakai_aks74u - rifle classname

SK_545X39_30rnds_AK - magazine classname

So basically when you spawn a unit theres a "Initilization", add this "removeallweapons this ;this addweapon "sakai_aks74u" ;this addmagazine "SK_545X39_30rnds_AK" you can add more magazines by adding more ;this addmagazine "SK_545X39_30rnds_AK" with space next to each other

Will be added in a .txt file in next release.

Could be a bit better.

The way you are being specific is very helpful to every addon maker on earth.

Posts a review on a mod

Gets a warning for flaming

Logic guys, logic...

A simple logic, you did not review but made a pointless sentence of "could of be a bit better" which is not review, you did not state the cons and pros and what could of be added/removed.

hey man, thank you for sharing your work with us!

As for the weapon, you could add A3 reload animation to it, as right now it's probably the original A2 voodoo hand gesture over the weapon ;) Try the MX or perhaps one associated with the scorpion?

Are there any variants of the model with rails on it so that you could add proxies for side attachments? That'd be nice.

I see you are already working on the optical sight, so you got that covered.

The rotating muzzle flash would be a nice finishing detail. The info here should help you (I hope cause it does not always work for me): http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?156047-Benelli-M4-amp-HK430%28HK416%29-Weapon-Pack&p=2407220&viewfull=1#post2407220

Other than that, good job!

you should just not react to pointless comments. it's just wasted life time;)

i really like the sound, although i prefer the original sound you had with some small improvements. the model is great too.

it's an addon with some potential.

i have some suggestions that might make it better overall. first of all. the wood texture needs have lower saturation it's too bright orange. i know these AK type weapons can have some really orange wood but you always have to adapt textures to the overall palette of a game to make it really blend in.

also. what this model desperately needs is proper materials and lightmaps (normal and specular map). the model itself seems to be really nice. right now the textures don't really do it justice.

keep it up!

hey man, thank you for sharing your work with us!

As for the weapon, you could add A3 reload animation to it, as right now it's probably the original A2 voodoo hand gesture over the weapon ;) Try the MX or perhaps one associated with the scorpion?

Are there any variants of the model with rails on it so that you could add proxies for side attachments? That'd be nice.

I see you are already working on the optical sight, so you got that covered.

The rotating muzzle flash would be a nice finishing detail. The info here should help you (I hope cause it does not always work for me): http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?156047-Benelli-M4-amp-HK430%28HK416%29-Weapon-Pack&p=2407220&viewfull=1#post2407220

Other than that, good job!

I will see what I can do, doing custom animation is rather hard however.

you should just not react to pointless comments. it's just wasted life time;)

i really like the sound, although i prefer the original sound you had with some small improvements. the model is great too.

it's an addon with some potential.

i have some suggestions that might make it better overall. first of all. the wood texture needs have lower saturation it's too bright orange. i know these AK type weapons can have some really orange wood but you always have to adapt textures to the overall palette of a game to make it really blend in.

also. what this model desperately needs is proper materials and lightmaps (normal and specular map). the model itself seems to be really nice. right now the textures don't really do it justice.

keep it up!

Thanks, I will PM u back later on!

you misunderstood. im not suggesting you should be making a custom reload animation, but that you should see which one of BIS A3 animations fits your weapon best. Just go to your config and and mess with this entry:

reloadAction = "...";

replacing what's in the quotation marks. You might wanna try "GestureReloadMX" or "GestureReloadSMG_02" or other weapons' animations that are in-game.

good luck!

you misunderstood. im not suggesting you should be making a custom reload animation, but that you should see which one of BIS A3 animations fits your weapon best. Just go to your config and and mess with this entry:

reloadAction = "...";

replacing what's in the quotation marks. You might wanna try "GestureReloadMX" or "GestureReloadSMG_02" or other weapons' animations that are in-game.

good luck!

Aite thanks :) Just tested out, been looking for the reloadAction as I had it once in my M16 mod for ArmA 3 and I kept on looking for that!

---------- Post added at 01:06 ---------- Previous post was at 00:14 ----------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cf46SWYTKuc

Little update of the better reload animation thanks to GvsE for reminding me about it and a bit of muzzle flash altho I dont believe it rotates I decided to show how it looks in night time as well as fixed the muzzle flash as it was way outlined from the barrel.

Update!

A lot of stuff added, new Main Fire Sound + Alternatives just like before, in the Zip you will see three folders two for alternative sounds and one for main sound choose either one pbo from either one of three folders and you are ready to go!

New textures and rvmats created, new reloadaction and many more fixes and stuff in 3d model like shadowlod.

Credits & Informations: - Which you have in the download as well to read!

Thank you for downloading my AKS-74U mod.

I hope you will enjoy this modas much as I enjoy creating this addon.

I have provided you with three different AKS-74U fire sounds, THEY are all exactly the same all the difference is the fire sound of them.

You can pick from either Alternative or Main fire sound, you do not need to worry about changing stuff all you need to do is take the aks74u.pbo out from one folder, go into the game and write these commands into the init section of your character:

removeallweapons this ;this addweapon "sakai_aks74u" ;this addmagazine "SK_545X39_30rnds_AK" you can add more magazines by adding more ;this addmagazine "SK_545X39_30rnds_AK" with spaces next to each other.

Alternatively you can use Virtual Ammobox.

Credits:

Many great people helped me out and many people allowed me to use their sounds as well as me buying them from sites.

There people are the ones that helped me or allowed me to use their stuff.

NightmareMutant - Fire Sound for Main Sound

Euan Mitchell, "tigg" - 3D Model

GvsE - For reminding me about the reloadaction system, thanks to him we got the snazzy arma 3 reload style

Bad Benson - For helping me out with textures and creating RVMAT's for the gun itself!

If I have someone I apologize right now however I thank you for all of your hard work helping me out!

Download Link:

Click me!

Video Preview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YviEtrQxuyU

Please understand before you will moan... When you aim you use your iron sight and this aint no Call of Duty, you fire from the barrel not from iron sight which means you have to aim lower. Just like In Real Life...

Main Post updated as well!

Edited by Sakai

Updated version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Thanks Sakai, good work :)

Thanks Sakai, good work :)

Thanks a lot Luki!

And of course Thanks to Foxie for uploading my mod on ArmAholic like always :)