Sign in to follow this  
super-truite

double barrel turret

maybe the gunbeg\gunend should be in the REV1_Orlyonok class, not the turret class? I know sometimes with gunner controlled missiles you do that

Weapons defined outside the turrets are for the owner of the plane (pilot or Driver )

Hmm plane class not heli , possible you need to over ride further back even default : myair add two muzzle pos where myair is a copy of air but with arrayed muzzlepoints

Good idea! I had assumed the array setting to be hard-coded to a specific class but this may work. Would need to add "everything" into the config but that's a trivial concern.

Indeed, good idea Thromp. I'll try that. @Jones: yes I wanted to try that also, but for some reason I can't fire (even from the pilot position)...Maybe an issue with the plane class or maybe I didn't do it properly (I did that a bit in a rush).

For Planes !?

Thats not even defined properly in ArmA3 yet .........

But even in ArmA2, turrets are VERY VERY finicky ..... it can literally take weeks to get working config and model combination.

Speaking from experience

OK I tried in Arma2 to make a new plane class since all the required configuration settings are represented in the sample models. After I got all the configuration settings in place here are my results:

GunBeg, GunEnd = NO EFFECT, NO ERROR in new root class:

gunBeg[] = {"muzzle_1", "muzzle_2"};

gunEnd[] = {"chamber_1", "chamber_2"};

Memory point as array: ERROR:

memoryPointGun[] = {"muzzle_1", "muzzle_2"};

ERROR:

pook_skymaster\config.cpp/cfgVehicles/Plane.memoryPointGun: Cannot update non array from array

It looks at least for A2 that the muzzle is hard-coded as a non-array memory point.

Curiously, the ZASLEH proxies are ignored as well although they are defined as selectionFireAnim. I haven't searched but I can't be the only one experiencing that issue as I'm sure the WW2 planes would have the same problem.

I am going to look into the cfgCloudlets as that will provide the muzzle flash light, smoke, and if possible the 2nd "fake tracer trail".

maybe talk to the guys from I44 to see if you could peak into the configs of the B17 or something

PARTIAL success. Fired up Arma2 and successfully have the 2nd smoke trail, but the tracer line is problematic. I'm using a script via the FIRED EH to "drop" a tracer_red object. PROBLEM is that the object always tumbles... setting all the "random" items in the "drop" command to "0" has no impact, they always seem to spin around the Move axis. I think the best thing I can do would be to make a very small round object to simulate the tracers. If I could disable the spinning this would work great!

cloudlets1.jpg

maybe talk to the guys from I44 to see if you could peak into the configs of the B17 or something

..... and thats me ;)

While I use I44 Multi-Barrel on all fighters with fixed forward firing guns, I have not bothered with simulating multi-barrel on the B17 because of the complexity of the whole model as it is.

Thats not to say the below script can't be used to do it for each and every turret, because it should.

(interestingly the script notes "primary turret only", but it certainly works where a plane has multiple different gun groups firing forward)

Tracers work fine.

Invasion44 Teams Multi-Barrel Fired-EH scripted

Note that Weapons are config'ed

Example;

class I44_8xBrowning303Mk2_mounted : I44_Browning303Mk2_mounted
{
I44_isMultiBarrel = true;
I44_BarrelCount = 8;
I44_BarrelName = "mg";

Then the model must have MEMORY LOD points like "mg_1", "mg_2" etc

(typically a couple metres forward of the barrel muzzle)

Multi-Barrel Fired-EH script

//----- Credit I44 Mod team -----//
//----- Note: this only works on the primary turret. -----//

_unit = _this select 0;
_weapon = _this select 1;
_muzzle = _this select 2;
_mode = _this select 3;
_ammo = _this select 4;

_multi = 1;
_multi = getNumber (configFile >> "CfgWeapons" >> _weapon >> _mode >> "multiplier");

_bullet = nearestObject [position _unit, _ammo];
_rd = ((_unit ammo _muzzle)/_multi) - 1;
if (_rd < 0) then 
{
_varName = format ["I44_rdCount_%1", _muzzle];
_rd = _unit getVariable _varName;
if isNil("_rd") then {_rd = 1} else {_rd = _rd + 1};
_unit setVariable [_varName, _rd];
};

_BarrelCount = getNumber (configFile >> "CfgWeapons" >> _weapon >> "I44_BarrelCount");
_BarrelName = getText (configFile >> "CfgWeapons" >> _weapon >> "I44_BarrelName");
_BarrelConvergence = getNumber (configFile >> "CfgWeapons" >> _weapon >> "I44_BarrelConvergence");
_n = _rd % _BarrelCount;
_newPos = [0,0,0];

if (_BarrelName == "Array") then
{
_BarrelOffsets = getArray (configFile >> "CfgWeapons" >> _weapon >> "I44_BarrelOffsets");
_pos = position _bullet;
_vel = velocity _bullet;
_vDir = vectorDir _bullet;
_vUp = vectorUp _bullet;
_offset = 
[
	_BarrelOffsets select ((3*_n)),
	_BarrelOffsets select ((3*_n) + 1),
	_BarrelOffsets select ((3*_n) + 2)
];
_newPos = _bullet modelToWorld _offset;
}
else
{
_modelPos = _unit selectionPosition format ["%1_%2", _BarrelName, _n + 1];
_newPos = _unit modelToWorld _modelPos;
};

_bullet setPos _newPos;
exit

Strange How it works ok for pilot but not on the gunner . must be the class of plane definietly , i tried reverting right back to defaut and still no Joy .

That's pretty slick - so it basically moves some of the bullets to the other memory point. THanks for sharing!

One problem is that unfortunately the fire rate of the M134 seems to be too high for the script to keep up with - a constant fire will spawn no extra bullets. Short controlled bursts seem to work best. Thanks again!

On a completely unrelated note - a few I44 bugs I'm sure have already been pointed out -

1. the P38 starboard propeller tip isn't fully assigned to the "static prop" section and so it still appears with the "blur" rotor animation. Only visible in 3rd person view.

2. The P-47 elevator and rudder animations are reversed.

thanks hcpookie, yeh, I guess the M134 probably kills it.

I44: Yep, thanks, got those ..... plus a 1000 others touch-ups :)

I did some more research and testing today. The 3D model thing I am trying isn't going to work, because the models are hard-coded to spin. SOOOOOO... I figured a new way to do it. I posted my results here to avoid thread hijack:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?159574-Double-Barrel-Guns-via-attached-gun-pod

My results:

dualtracers2.jpg