Sign in to follow this  
TravisJ

Is there a way to trigger some explosion?

Is there a way to make a mine explode with a trigger or "place" LGB bomb on a map and detonate it? I tried "fire" keyword expression for the mine but it doesn't do anything. I don't even know how to reference to LGB bomb through "LaserGuidedLauncher" since it is not an object to my understanding that you can place on the map. Maybe something with "setpos" but I just don't seem to get it. I was unable to find info on the net.

Hi. This has been asked many times and from all of the answers l have found this to be the simplist;

create a unit, object, car, cat whatever you want to blowup. Create trigger with Radio Alpha;

Bomb = "LaserGuidedBomb" camCreate getPos unitname

Whatever you see in the brackets could also be;

"Shell125"

"Heat125"

"Grenade"

SmokeShellRed", "SmokeShell", SmokeShellGreen"

"Rocket57"

"Maverick"

"AT6"

Of course many ways to trigger your bomb, doesn't have to be radio alpha. Hope this helps smile.gif

Bosum do you know what the name is of a mortar ?? confused.gif

thnx,

mortar = Mortar sticky list of weapons etc top of this forum wink.gif

Mortar, Timebomb, Mine, PipeBomb won't work with the above camcreate line.

Thanks a lot. This is exactly what I wanted. Works like a charm.

This is a cool idea I came up with. You make two triggers. You name yourself "as1" for example...

1st trigger radio Alpha on actv: "x=getpos as1"

2nd trigger radio Bravo on actv: "Bomb = "LaserGuidedBomb" camCreate x"

Set triggers to "repeatedly" and you can do following.

Go to a place, "mark" it by using radio to tell xyz to a ship say you came from. You take cover and radio them "OK"

You can add writtings on the screen when you press radio but I was too lazy.

Same idea but a little random hits, hits that will fall near the point:

same as above but different entry in the triggers:

First trigger:

x=getpos as1 select 0; y=getpos as1 select 1;z=getpos as1 select 2; as1 globalChat "Ok, guys, hit here on my command!!!"

Second trigger:

a=50; Bomb = "LaserGuidedBomb" camCreate [x+(random(a+a))-a,y+(random(a+a))-a,z]

Where you got a=50 it is the randomness. Bigger number will have less precise hits. Where you have "z" you can put "z+200" to have a delay. Then you'll see how the bomb is falling. Bigger number, longer it falls from above.

Nice work TravisJ. I like the idea of radioing in your strikes. Your first one was nice and simple. Your second told me l was missing a bracket ) ?

smile.gif

In Resistance, new vehicle named "Bomb". You can use it to create an explosion:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">BombName = "Bomb" CreateVehicle Position; BombName SetDammage 1<span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Bosun @ Aug. 01 2002,06:04)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Nice work TravisJ.  I like the idea of radioing in your strikes.  Your first one was nice and simple.  Your second told me l was missing a bracket ) ?

smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Nice work TravisJ. I like the idea of radioing in your strikes. Your first one was nice and simple. Your second told me l was missing a bracket ) ?

<span id='postcolor'>

Are you sure you cut and pasted correctly? Try again. It is all there. I cut and pasted myself from the triggers. I checked it out and everything seems to be in order.

Download mission

is there a way to blow up a map object "with Bomb = "LaserGuidedBomb" camCreate getPos unitname" ? i tried placeing the object ID as the unit name but that didnt seem to work..

Try putting; unitname = (object 123456) into the init.

I read this on some previous post a while back and it does work.

smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Lt_Damage @ Aug. 01 2002,07:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">In Resistance, new vehicle named "Bomb". You can use it to create an explosion:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">BombName = "Bomb" CreateVehicle Position; BombName SetDammage 1<span id='postcolor'><span id='postcolor'>

that code sample doesnt seem to work for me, or i dont know how to work it.

in that sample snip, you will need to replace 'position' with the postition where you would like the explosion to occur...for example, lets say you have a vehicle named 'thistruck' that you want to explode...you might do somthing like this:

BombName = "Bomb" CreateVehicle[0,0,0];BombName setpos getpos thistruck; BombName SetDammage 1

in the above example, the actual unexploded bomb is created at an inaccessable location on the map [0,0,0] and then moved to the location of the truck...this may be helpful in that you can create th bomb and set its postion later if you like...you could also simply replace [0,0,0] with the exact location you want to explode...the setdammage part tells the bomb to actually explode. Hope this helps!