Sign in to follow this  
Exiler

Black Hornet Nano UAV [W.I.P]

Hi,

I am new to making mods and especially making models in 3ds max. However, I have two months off to perfect my work and I am determined to improve my skill set in making mods.

If you want to follow me making this and all my other work head on to: http://www.twitch.tv/E_ModTv

What I have got so far:

zz9.png

This is what the real thing is:

bqdo.jpg

0n7w.jpg

It is nearly finished Just the rotor blades to do and the front bit plus some minor adjustments to the body then texture and coding and done :D

I can't wait for this, will be cool for special ops :D

I can't wait for this, will be cool for special ops :D

ye this can go 1000m away from the controller and is super quiet. Im hoping to be able to control it with a tablet like the actual black hornet.

Yea someone made the rq raven for arma 2 and i also think they/he are/is making it for arma 3 and there was a control maybe it would be an idea to contact him and ask how he did it so you don't have to reinvent the wheel ;)

Damn, now we can spy with a portable drone on a portable drone, maybe watching that from a flying RQ-4 drone... Yo, dawg!

Looks promissing!

@Astast

The RQ-11 Raven is made by Feint. :)

Thanks man, forgot his name :P

hey man, not to be a buzz kill or what not but it's too high poly, you wont be able to get that into O2 since the cap is (if im not mistaking) 22k'ish. also, since it is in fact such a small object you don't need THAT much detail on it. a solid model with a decent texture will go a long way, also, consider how much of it the player will actually see. 2 seconds during launch and recovery? again, not trying to bash your mod just saying. looking forward to using this.

hey man, not to be a buzz kill or what not but it's too high poly, you wont be able to get that into O2 since the cap is (if im not mistaking) 22k'ish. also, since it is in fact such a small object you don't need THAT much detail on it. a solid model with a decent texture will go a long way, also, consider how much of it the player will actually see. 2 seconds during launch and recovery? again, not trying to bash your mod just saying. looking forward to using this.

lol i was tired when i posted this reply. So when i finnish my high poly i will start to make a low poly version by taking away polygons or triangles. when i have the low poly version i then have to uv wrap it and bake it.

then i have to texture it and code it for the game.

Edited by Exiler

That's great to read about this Hornet Nano UAV. Have you guys heard about this AirMule Transporter UAV developed by Israel which is scheduled to enter the service in 2014 and having max take-off weight of 1,088kg with an altitude about 3,657m. Here are some interesting pics and information of this UAV from the site i regularly read.

2-airmule-uav.jpg

Just so you know, this is a high poly model, it's used for high detailed bakes for low poly models, this won't actually be going in game.