Sign in to follow this  
mordeaniischaos

Is it possible to make an editor placeable, AI usable bridge?

I'm curious about this because I'd like to work on making missions that really expand a given island, allowing it sort of evolve over the course of a campaign or series of missions, and because I really like utilizing bridges for ambushes. I mean, who doesn't want to sit under a bridge while it's pouring down rain, waiting for an enemy convoy to roll across, detonate some C4 on the bridge to halt the vehicles and pop out from under the bridge behind them and light those mother effers up? :D

I'd also like to get into making custom content for the game, and bridges have long been a troublesome issue in Arma 2, and now Arma 3.

Now, I know ArmA 2 had editor placeable roads (no idea from what addon but I know I put some down at some point), but I don't remember if the AI took into consideration these sections of road or if they had any influence on vehicle performance. If so, is it safe to assume it could be possible to make such a bridge, or would it need to be built into the map? And if it would, is that even possible at the moment in ArmA 3? Last I checked, AI drivers hated the little bridges near the Marina. And by hated I mean refused to cross.

As far as i know..until now bridges should have been placed on map creation (and even those circumstances nobody would guarantee if AI would EVENTUALLY cross the bridge..)

I would like to hope on revolutionary solutions planned or already invented for ArmA3 ..but i really doubt it