Sign in to follow this  
sakura_chan

cfgworlds lat and long coods vs real life

Just wondering, in the cfgworlds section of an island where the lat and long is defined, is this a proprietary number or is it the real coords? According to the Stratis map it is at latitude -48.964 and longitude 17.352, but that puts it in the middle of the Southern Ocean right below Africa. It should be located at latitude 39.521 longitude 25.00 which is right below Limnos in the Aegean Sea. How does this work?

Just wondering, in the cfgworlds section of an island where the lat and long is defined, is this a proprietary number or is it the real coords? According to the Stratis map it is at latitude -48.964 and longitude 17.352, but that puts it in the middle of the Southern Ocean right below Africa. It should be located at latitude 39.521 longitude 25.00 which is right below Limnos in the Aegean Sea. How does this work?

This could be a bug that needs reporting, I believe the coordinates are in part to assist the engine's direction of sunrise and sunset as well as the stars.

Funny because when creating a real life island and rectifying the shape files for the roads they are not in the correct world space either in order to show up in game

It is exactly what you said: sun, moon and stars height, movement etc.

You immediately notice changes..play around with it, for example change MINUS to PLUS coordinates: all of a sudden, the sun appears in the North or the season-definded sun positions are exchanged because the game thinks the island is on the other side of the planet :)

At first I thought the coord setting would have sth to do with the shapefiles for road location, yet I was wrong: for any map anywhere on the planet the corresponding shapefile of the roads you have to add gotta be rectified to those odd coordinates close to Africa. If you use the original coordinates, you will never see your roads :)