Sign in to follow this  
Michaelp800

[Suggestion] Driving vehicles without to press a key constantly

On long "journeys" it would be very useful to have a key for automatic driving; especially for slow heavy vehicles.

This would also be nice for walking trough the desert.

That would be very kind of u.

Ty.

What about adding "auto-kill" or "auto-shoot" just in case you were too lazy to deactivate auto-drive, auto-steer, auto-run, auto-walk, auto-fly/maneuvre, auto-jump, auto-glitch/cheat/hack/teleport/spawn.... ?? What even about a auto-play/game so you just can watch and twitter/reddit/stream it so people can auto-like/dislike your very own auto-gameplay? :D

That's not the point. It's for the more comfortable use of the keyboard and ergonomic relieve of fingers. Like the system in Skyrim. There is a key for auto-walk... and that's very good!

This auto-thing is only for long desert walks/drives and (as e.g.) slow vehicle climbing.

I really hope, this feature will be added.

Now just think about how many of those vehicles in A2OA would even have the "luxury" of setting up speed/acceleration... How fast or slow should vehicles drive and players walk on auto-mode? Should there be differences by vehicle, terrain, damage, weather, weight, stamina/health? Should there be also an backward driving/walking-auto mode too? A2OA is pretty much "done" and waiting for its "final" patch - meanwhile BIS devs are already working full steam on new projects like A3, DayZ SA and some other surprise game project. Highly doubt that such an auto-drive/acc. feature will make it into next A2OA patch - maybe and more likely it will get into A3. I don't think that you will get any serious health issues by pressing a key for a little longer.

Yes a auto option is a great idea. But untill, if ever, that appears, just use a roll of nickles.

Yes a auto option is a great idea. But untill, if ever, that appears, just use a roll of nickles.

Or a guitar plec in my case. :D

What about adding "auto-kill" or "auto-shoot" just in case you were too lazy to deactivate auto-drive, auto-steer, auto-run, auto-walk, auto-fly/maneuvre, auto-jump, auto-glitch/cheat/hack/teleport/spawn.... ?? What even about a auto-play/game so you just can watch and twitter/reddit/stream it so people can auto-like/dislike your very own auto-gameplay? :D

For walking I don't really mind, but for vehicles it would really be nice. It is not at all uncommon for work vehicles to have a "Cruise Control", I'm guessing that includes military vehicles.

Now just think about how many of those vehicles in A2OA would even have the "luxury" of setting up speed/acceleration... How fast or slow should vehicles drive and players walk on auto-mode? Should there be differences by vehicle, terrain, damage, weather, weight, stamina/health? Should there be also an backward driving/walking-auto mode too? A2OA is pretty much "done" and waiting for its "final" patch - meanwhile BIS devs are already working full steam on new projects like A3, DayZ SA and some other surprise game project. Highly doubt that such an auto-drive/acc. feature will make it into next A2OA patch - maybe and more likely it will get into A3. I don't think that you will get any serious health issues by pressing a key for a little longer.

I don't think its implementation is nearly as complex as all that^. eg press ALT + your move forward key until you are at the speed you want to cruise at. Then to return to manual, press your forward or back key and it cancels the cruise.

It would be great for example; for maintaining a constant 3-5mph for your gunner/commander while he scans an area, or while approaching carefully toward/through a hostile area.

And obviously yes, it would be more likely a change for Arma3, but it's a good suggestion none the less.

-=seany=- find all of the A2OA vehicles incl. civilians which did have an working "cruise-control" at that time! What is with the other points like damage, terrains etc - should the "cruise-control" work in any way or should it get damage too??

urrr never mind then....

People have different opinions, lets just leave it at that I guess :)